Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 10:35 PM

Default I am officially \'\"the chat [censored]\", find out why....

I find an extemely juicy 5-10 6-max game on PP and skins. I'm between two awful players, one's stuck 500 and buys in for another 250. I'm up about 30 BBs (close to 300 bucks for the noobs out there) I'm describing this game to my friend on IM and as this ridiculous fish is down to his last 7 bucks again, I type to my friend in IM, "this guy's down 2 full buyins, buys in again and is down to 7 bucks, what a degenerate" Of course I forget that on empire when the action is on you the empire window automatically becomes active. So "guy's down 2 full buyins, buys in again and is down to 7 bucks, what a degenerate" shows up in the chat window right after the guy "came back" to around 30 bucks.

Needless to say my action dried up a bit and the guy left the table. DAMMIT!!!! oh well, chalk another one up to my stupidity. Just thought I'd share as a warning to be careful what you IM about poker and as an apology to any other 2+2ers who may have been at the table and thought I was the biggest jerkoff on the planet for typing that (I probably am, just never for that reason).

Good luck all,
Matt
Old 09-27-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: I am officially \'\"the chat [censored]\", find out why....

Good story. Please don't share again!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:11 AM

I've come quite close to that a few times. It's a good thing I compulsively look up at the the screen to make sure I've typed everything free of spelling errors [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've come quite close to that a few times. It's a good thing I compulsively look up at the the screen to make sure I've typed everything free of spelling errors .

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I knew I should have picked up OCD somewhere along the way.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good story. Please don't share again!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2005, 01:55 AM

The Chief Goddess of Poker does not like arrogant, braggadocious behavior, therefore She gave you a little lesson in humility. Heed Her lesson/warning. Do Not Let It Happen Again. When pissed, She has been known to inflict long, painful downswings. I know whereof I speak. She loves turning winners into weee-ners.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 10:03 AM

the window becomes active, but you can keep typing in your IM box no problem. At least when I play that happens.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:59 AM

took my a minute of trying to decide if I could figure out what the title meant before reading the story...

good story - I think I got drunk one night, pissed, typed "[censored]" into a chat browser, hit return, and then said "whoops...sorry, that was for my notes"

usually, I get the ends of sentences from other stuff I'm typing, so I'll have a chat line that looks like this, from the ends of lines I'd type in a post.

tyuneple the last cardmaneranddied.

and then I'll hit enter and that'll post in the chat window and people think I've lost it.

RB