Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 12:00 PM

Default What happened to this forum?

Just read my 5th should I fold KK? post on the top couple of pages and figured out why I haven't been reading much lately. Not implying that my posts are not ridiculous, because frankly they are, but happened here?

Where is MLG, Sirio is still around, A_Plus, Che, 2005 (Gavin), CSC, and all of my other favorite posters?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: What happened to this forum?

Ive also noticed this. Posters like MLG, strassa2, ZeeJustin. Where did they go?

Indy
Old 09-28-2005, 12:03 PM

Sirio and 2005 just did the hand analysis that was the sticky up top last week - same with Sossman.

RB
Old 09-28-2005, 12:03 PM

I think some folks are in Aruba as well.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:33 PM

Perhaps they are all at the tables running over players who fold KK.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps they are all at the tables running over players who fold KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh
Old 09-28-2005, 12:47 PM

they still post occasionaly..

and theres still a decent amount of good hand analysis that goes on. and it's not like there wasn't 'Should i fold KK here' when they were posting to.

And there are always new posters joining, and who's to say they aren't as good as the ones that haven't been around.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:50 PM

I don't know about the others, but I have been busy dominating fantasy football.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:52 PM

Not me... first two picks were Jamal Lewis and Kevin Jones.

I rule.

Brad
Old 09-28-2005, 01:02 PM

I recently went through a similar reading holiday because, as one poster put it, the noise-to-signal ratio is too high.

So what changed?

First, I think you (and I) moved along the learning curve. You don't need to read a "fold KK pre-flop?" discussion, but obviously there are people on the list who do, and that's okay. There's nothing wrong with not knowing much, so long as you are willing to learn.

Second, and I can't document this, but my sense is that there are a lot more people on the list than there were even a few months ago, and most of them are (by definition) newbies. With time they will, a) get better and stop asking if they should fold KK pre-flop; or b) lose their bankroll and go away. So it is, in part, a cyclical thing.

(Note: I do sometimes wonder if there is now a super-top secret discussion board, exclusively for more seasoned players. I mean it's not as if SossMan just quit thinking about and discussing poker, right? If this is the case, could someone PM me the link? I won't even post, I just want to read.)

The curious thing is that I saw a similar transition take place over in the STT forum. 18 months ago, it seemed like it was me, Jason Strasser and a couple of other guys. It was like having Jason as my own personal coach, and it was freakin' great. (I think Jason is now spending more time in ring games, and posting in those fora.)

In any case, I'm not sure that much can be to change the board. Newbies have to learn, and this is where they do it. I do think that Lloyd deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his work in reviving the Board, but short of establishing a group with restricted posting privileges (but open for public reading), I don't know what else can be done.

(One other suggestion, which is kind of a no-brainer, but I'll put it out there. Look for threads started by posters you respect, or with a lot of answers. The "fold KK pre-flop" posts tend to die a quick and merciful death.)

I'm with you, bro'.

Sam