Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 03:04 PM

Default upc 1k sarnia event, 2 hands

Sarnia ultimate poker challenge 1k event, 135 players left, top 30 goto sunday final which is 30 from Fri/Sat and play for top 30 cash.

Hand 1:

100/200, guy who's name I dont know but saw on a final table on tv somewhere opens to 600 utg+1 (he has about 4k) - the game has been tight last few hands and I didn't think he was neccessiarly premium here. It folds to the CO who's been playing tight and a bit random postflop who calls(7k). I call on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (11k), sb folds, BB calls. 4 to flop for t1900

I've been playing alot of pots and raising alot of pots thus far, I am the chip leader on the table and haven't shown down much.

Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, PFR checks, CO bets 1500, I call, BB & PFR fold.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t4600)

CO bets 2500 really fast, your move?

Hand 2:

Blinds are 400/800
I've been playing 20/40 with UTG+3 during the week and he's a pretty big cannon, he was just moved to our table so that's all I have to go on.

UTG+3 opens all-in for t2400, PFR in hand 1 calls pretty fast right behind him with about 6k more behind, folds to me in the BB and I have 2200 left after posting, I have 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], move?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: upc 1k sarnia event, 2 hands

I push the turn in hand 1, and try to look for a better spot with your dwindling stack in hand 2.

Was this tourny in Sarnia, Ontario? And If so how did I not know about it... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: upc 1k sarnia event, 2 hands

Hand 1 I don't like the PF call. A solid player raises in EP and a tight player CC = probably dominated ace. You have a nice stack and position but I just don't like putting money in with a very dominated hand. On the turn I push, you could still be ahead with your eight, and if not you have enough outs.

Hand 2 I fold. Again, too great a chance of a bigger pair and being crushed.