Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 11:09 PM

Default ? for SnG pros

I'm just curious here and have a few questions for those who play SnG's full-time.

1) What buy-in do you play the most?
2) How many Tourney's do you play in a day?
3) What buy-in could a good player make $1000 a week at?

I'm not looking to go pro, ever, I'm just curious here. Also, if these answers are already in another post I'd appreciate a link. Thanks
Old 09-25-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: ? for SnG pros

Can I suggest the FAQ and a little math.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious here and have a few questions for those who play SnG's full-time.

1) What buy-in do you play the most?
2) How many Tourney's do you play in a day?
3) What buy-in could a good player make $1000 a week at?

I'm not looking to go pro, ever, I'm just curious here. Also, if these answers are already in another post I'd appreciate a link. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

my daily goal is 500 games at the 10+1 level, and to make $1000 a day. but i'm amazing, so it would probably take a lesser player all week to do that.

citanul

<font color="white">search much? faq maybe? </font>
Old 09-26-2005, 01:00 AM

1. I try to concentrate on 5+.50 on stars until I build my BANKROLL up on the week. I try to catch some FISH early on and play a solid tight game. I've given the stars 6+.50 turbos a shot but honestly that's a little above my bankroll. I don't like VARIANCE and some DONKEY is always drawing out on me.

2. I can sometimes play up to ten tourney's a day if i'm rested, but one time I multitabled two games at once and did fifteen!!! Lets just say things got kind of crazy. It was hard to keep track of all the action on two tables at once. Sure my hourly rate went up but my ROI per tournement was lower than i desired so i switched back to single tabling the stars 5+.50

3. Haha you are funny forgetting to put a decimal point in your number. Many people say you can make 50 dollars a weak playing 5+.50 on stars but these morons aren't looking at a large enough sample size. A solid 1-2 tabler like myself can pull off $10.00 a week at the 5+.5 over the long run. Most of these "good" posters don't have the sample size to validate their lucky swings. Practice and read a few books and you too could pull in $10.00 a week with a good rakeback program.

OK enough being a jackass. I'm no "Pro" but an above average player could make $1000 a week 8 tabling the 20's with good concentration.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:12 AM

The reason I'm asking is someone in a class of mine says he makes $1000.00 a week 4 tabling $22 SnG's. i say that's BS so i thought i'd ask here.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I'm asking is someone in a class of mine says he makes $1000.00 a week 4 tabling $22 SnG's. i say that's BS so i thought i'd ask here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've 4 tabled the $22s for the past 2-3 weeks in my spare time and made about $500 a week. But that's just my spare time.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:27 AM

I'm a pro but not an SNG pro.

A professional needs a higher than average earn because it is tough to play more than 30-40 hours a week longterm.

It is also easy to say that you are making $1000 a week but until you have played for an extended period of time this is an unreliable figure.

If you half what most people say they earn you'd probably be closer to the true figure.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:31 AM

He would have to play a lot to make that. If he's only 4 tabling and is also at college he's probably running good and just telling you the high end of his results.

But with 8-tabling, $1000/week @ $22 is very achievable.

So what he said might be a tad high, but certainly not unbelievable.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:32 AM

This is an easy thing for you to figure out for yourself.

The important question is "How many does he play in a week?"

A person playing 40/day 4-tabling (about 8 hrs. of work) at a 20% ROI, 7 days/wk. would average $1232/wk.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 AM

I'm a pro but not an SNG pro.

LOL.

Given that you are the worst player ever to have posted in this forum, I think it is very unlikely.

Do we really have to put up with this troll much longer?

Lori