Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 06:42 PM

Default $11 PS: is my friend right?

$11 PS, 27 seater. Blinds are $15/$30. No reads, though this is the first hand I have played.

Relevant players (9-handed):

MP: ~$2,000
MP+2: ~$3,500
CO (Hero): $1,300

UTG calls. UTG+1 calls. MP calls. MP+2 calls. Pot $165

Hero dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero raises to $200. MP calls. MP+2 calls. Pot now ~$750.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP bets $400. MP+2 calls. Pot now ~$1500. Hero raises to $1K, all-in.

My friend told me this was a bad move: I should have suspect a made flush and just fold. I believe that I have the best had right now and might be able to push one off of a draw. Who is right?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: $11 PS: is my friend right?

Meh.. you werent pushing any A high draw away... but it's not that likely that you're up against a made flush.

Not sure what i think of the push.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:01 PM

Hero calls.

No one's folding if you push for T600 more. I'm check folding to a 4th club, and pushing every other card they'll still call, but you are further ahead.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:39 PM

What I want to know is: will I be facing two drawing hands (or one draw and a made hand) enough times to come out in the black in the long run?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:43 PM

I don't see how you can expect someone to have a made flush here. I would push, as there's a bit of a squeeze play; if the original bettor has a mediocre club (let's say he has 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) then it's hard for him to call with another player still to act. You're not likely to get a ton of folds for only 700 more, but that's ok because you rate to be ahead here.