Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 02:59 PM

Default AA in SB, folded to me vs Loose BB

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Preflop: BB was so loose, I knew he'd call my raise. When he re-raised me, I figured he put me on a steal. I didn't want to reveal the strength of my hand yet...

Turn: Nearly regardless of that turn card, I was going to check-raise. When he 3-bet, I put him on top-pair or an overpair - neither of which worry me.

River: My line was to bet/call here. I thought there still was a great chance I was ahead.

Should I have been more aggressive or less aggressive anywhere? I'm thinking I could have done a weak-lead on the flop to earn an extra SB (assuming he'd raise thinking I'm stealing). Or capped pre-flop in hopes of coming off as overaggressive.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: AA in SB, folded to me vs Loose BB

Looks like a viable line to me in HU play.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:21 PM

Winning with AA is pretty easy. Even HU OOP. What I'd like to know is, how would you have played A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in this hand. That's where the poker is.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:30 PM

This looks fine to me. Although I would have considered the possibility of BB having 2 pair or a set, when he 3-bet the turn.

I suspect that it might have been difficult for you to extract more bets from this hand than you did. If you had played the flop more agressively, your opponent may simply have folded.

When considering how to play a hand, I think that it is helpful if you also consider how your opponents may view you.

So if you have been playing tightly, then becoming very agressive with a strong hand on a flop which does not offer much (rainbow with no high cards and few draws), may frighten your opponent off.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:53 PM

(grunching)
pre-flop: cap that sucker. You're giving your LAG too much credit that he will put you on a hand.
post-flop: Why slow play Aces? This is not exactly short-handed, and they are susceptible to lots of draws. Either bet out, or c/r. Again, the LAG will not put you on a hand. Since you smooth-called the flop.
Turn:The c/r is OK, but I'm not sure I like the cap. You only have aces. Maybe you've been seeing him play total junk like this, I don't know.
River: looks good.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:32 PM

Oh, I wasn't saying this was a tough hand or anything. I was just curious if someone wanted to argue I should be more aggressive on certain streets (pre-flop and flop, noteably).
Old 09-24-2005, 08:13 PM

I think you were lucky that 5 came and made your twopair. I would just call the 3-bet on the turn and then call river.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:52 PM

this is so well played i want to print it out and frame the post, so i can use it for inspiration during downswings.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:21 AM

Sarcasm?
Old 09-25-2005, 07:39 AM

nope, seriously a very well played hand. though im not really going to frame it

when im sarcastic ill add a /sarcasm =P