Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 06:35 AM

Default The Final Hand

5th st ... hmm?

=====================================

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.63 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (3.63 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (3.81 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (9.81 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (11.81 BB)

Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (13.81 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $53.25 | Rake: $2

Seat 7: [ Jh Jd 9s 6s Jc 5h 3h ] [ three of a kind, jacks -- Jh,Jd,Jc,9s,6s ]

Hero: [ 5s Kd 6h Ks 6d 8d 2d ] [ two pairs, kings and sixes -- Kd,Ks,8d,6h,6d ]
Old 09-24-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Re: The Final Hand

[ QUOTE ]
5th st ... hmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd st… hmmm?!?!?!

Fold 3rd.

5th, I dunno. He obviously feared kings full after you 3-bet (and you should have kings full here, if you had

folded 3rd. )

So against a somewhat reasonable opponent, a case could be made for only calling his raise and check-calling 6th and the river. Against a solid opponent, a case could be made for folding 5th.
It really depends on how aggressive/passive this guy is. Will he raise here with jacks up? A flush draw + jacks?

And btw, what the hell were you doing in that hand where I raised with a king up? With 5s? Hmmm?? You should have

folded 3rd.

And how on earth did you call me on 4th with 5s up when I made open kings?? That is definitely a fold (which is why I gave you credit for rolled 5s and checked on 5th [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).
Old 09-24-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5th st ... hmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd st… hmmm?!?!?!

Fold 3rd.

5th, I dunno. He obviously feared kings full after you 3-bet (and you should have kings full here, if you had

folded 3rd. )

So against a somewhat reasonable opponent, a case could be made for only calling his raise and check-calling 6th and the river. Against a solid opponent, a case could be made for folding 5th.
It really depends on how aggressive/passive this guy is. Will he raise here with jacks up? A flush draw + jacks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a definate leak in my game, when I'm the BI I tend to see 4th for only another sb to see what 4th will bring.

This time I definately shouldn't have, with a pair I feel obliged, but judging by your words below I should have folded my 5's.

I'll have to work on my dicipline I guess.

[ QUOTE ]

And btw, what the hell were you doing in that hand where I raised with a king up? With 5s? Hmmm?? You should have

folded 3rd.

And how on earth did you call me on 4th with 5s up when I made open kings?? That is definitely a fold (which is why I gave you credit for rolled 5s and checked on 5th [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

I had split 5's and my cards were live, I think I was the BI so it only cost me $1 more dollar to see 4th.

I had 2 pair on 4th and thought even if you had 3 kings I wanted to race because my cards were live. (similar to you wishing to put a bad beat on me the other day I thought you were rolled up) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You know fun. Stupid. But I didn't expect to win that, I thought you would have kings up at least. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a definate leak in my game, when I'm the BI I tend to see 4th for only another sb to see what 4th will bring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is a BIG leak.

But, it’s only $1! Okay…
Say you play 1k hands tonight. Say you are be the BI something like 120 times (about average). You call liberally with any pair, any small one-gap 3-straight, two high cards in the hole, or whatever. Say you call 40 times out of those 120 times. Say that 20 times you actually have a hand that can be played for profit in this spot. But the other 20 times, you [censored] up…
Those 20 times, you will lose a fraction of that $1. Let’s just make a conservative estimate and say you lose 25% of the $1, or 25 cents for a total of $5 or $0.50 per 100 hands. Now, lets say you make 1.5 BB/100 or $6. If you stop calling with those 20 hands (2% of your total hands), you will make $6.5/100. That is, you have increased your win rate by about 8%!
Of course, I’m only pulling numbers out of my a$$ here. Maybe you lose less. (You still lose, though).
However, I suspect that this leak is actually costing you quite a bit more. The reason is that most of these 20 hands will be difficult to play on the later streets. You will make a ton of second best hands or get trapped in multi-way pot with two small pairs (Doh!). Thus, that initial mistake costs you far more than 25 cents. Maybe 50 cents. Hell, maybe a dollar.

And then, there are all those other unprofitable hands you play when you are not the bring -in…
You get the point.

[ QUOTE ]
This time I definately shouldn't have, with a pair I feel obliged, but judging by your words below I should have folded my 5's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should fold 5s here regardless of who the raiser is. But especially when it’s me…

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it.

[ QUOTE ]

I had 2 pair on 4th and thought even if you had 3 kings I wanted to race because my cards were live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck. Run a two dimes sim. KKK vs. 5252. Yuck.

[ QUOTE ]
You know fun. Stupid. But I didn't expect to win that, I thought you would have kings up at least. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Okay. You got two free cards. But only because I’m a vag…
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is a BIG leak.

But, it’s only $1! Okay…
Say you play 1k hands tonight. Say you are be the BI something like 120 times (about average). You call liberally with any pair, any small one-gap 3-straight, two high cards in the hole, or whatever. Say you call 40 times out of those 120 times. Say that 20 times you actually have a hand that can be played for profit in this spot. But the other 20 times, you [censored] up…
Those 20 times, you will lose a fraction of that $1. Let’s just make a conservative estimate and say you lose 25% of the $1, or 25 cents for a total of $5 or $0.50 per 100 hands. Now, lets say you make 1.5 BB/100 or $6. If you stop calling with those 20 hands (2% of your total hands), you will make $6.5/100. That is, you have increased your win rate by about 8%!
Of course, I’m only pulling numbers out of my a$$ here. Maybe you lose less. (You still lose, though).
However, I suspect that this leak is actually costing you quite a bit more. The reason is that most of these 20 hands will be difficult to play on the later streets. You will make a ton of second best hands or get trapped in multi-way pot with two small pairs (Doh!). Thus, that initial mistake costs you far more than 25 cents. Maybe 50 cents. Hell, maybe a dollar.

And then, there are all those other unprofitable hands you play when you are not the bring -in…
You get the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thankyou for that, it's really made me see what a leak it is.

It's no wonder I lost the $300 in 11 hours, the times I call for that $1 more and get junk is dead money, and the times I get something, very few times will it be the best hand.

I was dead money from the beginning, I need to severely tighten up.

Many thanks mate.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should fold 5s here regardless of who the raiser is. But especially when it’s me…

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it.

[ QUOTE ]

I had 2 pair on 4th and thought even if you had 3 kings I wanted to race because my cards were live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck. Run a two dimes sim. KKK vs. 5252. Yuck.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Okay. You got two free cards. But only because I’m a vag…
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually 5353 IIRC [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] , but I see your point completely.

Cheers,
SDM