Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 11:45 AM

Default River spew?

Villain in this hand is 32/10/1.4 over 100 hands.

I thought he had a set or possibly a crappy two pair which is why I thought the river was a clear raise. How often is this a good raise and how often is this a waste?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB
Old 09-23-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: River spew?

U played the hand well, how can you put the guy on a 6 after he 3 bets the turn? Once he 3 bets the turn, you have to consider 56 as a possibilitiy, but two pair and a set also both are possible.

so your river decision is whether to call or raise. When you raise, you will need to win 1 bet 67% of the time in order to make it profitable, assuming he will 3 bet hands that beat you, but you have to pay off a 3 bet here. I Think that you are chopping or losing often enough to simply justify a call, but it's close, and against a worse player a raise would be in order.

meh, your way is fine too - I can't fault the raise here. So he defended with 65o and played it really well post-flop and got lucky....