Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 05:59 PM

Default JTs getting action from an LP-P

Pretty good table late last night (actually early this morning):

Villain is a 73/0/.75 after only 11 hands, but I'd say the stats are still indicative of his style of play.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, BB folds.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero???
Old 09-22-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: JTs getting action from an LP-P

3-bet. The only hand he'd go nuts on the turn with that you're losing to is J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Looks more like a set to me. Jamming the turn with a flush draw is dumb, so I really don't think the river hurt you at all.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:13 PM

calls. I don't see him getting aggro on the turn with just a flush draw. He is actually pretty aggro for someone who plays 3/4 of their hands. My guess is that they either have two pair or a set, but they are raising on a danger card
Old 09-22-2005, 06:25 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

A.
[ QUOTE ]
calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

B.
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see him getting aggro on the turn with just a flush draw. He is actually pretty aggro for someone who plays 3/4 of their hands. My guess is that they either have two pair or a set, but they are raising on a danger card

[/ QUOTE ]

A != B
Old 09-22-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a 73/0/.75 after only 11 hands, but I'd say the stats are still indicative of his style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? He's obviously loose, but what have u seen him do post-flop before. Has he gotten out of line? If he has, i three bet. If he hasn't gotten out of line, i think u're tied or losing to J10s. Assuming, he's been loose and in-line/ passive, I can't imagine him doing this with a set especially once the flush card comes. .75 is pretty aggressive, but it's such a small number of hands that it's insignifcant.

BTW, it's not impossible for him to have Q3d or even AQd here.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? He's obviously loose, but what have u seen him do post-flop before. Has he gotten out of line?

[/ QUOTE ]

His play had ranged from check-calling top pair to check-raising top pair. He hadn't won a single hand he went to showdown with.

[ QUOTE ]
If he hasn't gotten out of line, i think u're tied or losing to J10s. Assuming, he's been loose and in-line/ passive, I can't imagine him doing this with a set especially once the flush card comes. .75 is pretty aggressive, but it's such a small number of hands that it's insignifcant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the turn action, I thought it very probable that we would be chopping.

Also, I never thought .75 was considered pretty aggressive. This figure probably has a lot to do with this one hand as well.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This figure probably has a lot to do with this one hand as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big difference. .75 at a 75 VPIP is actually somewhat aggro b/c of all the hands they are playing, but considering he hadn't been ridiculous, i just call the river raise.