Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 04:41 PM

Default 2/4 Flopped Flush

2/4 I post in the CO 8-handed and get dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Really loose UTG limps, UTG+1 who is 43/15 over only 14 hands raises. I call, all fold, UTG calls.

7.5 SB flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG checks, UTG+1 Bets, I call (??), UTG calls

I thought that if I just call, UTG+1 will bet out any non-club turn and I can raise then, and raising on the flop doesn't protect my hand anyway. Should I still have raised for value?

5.25BB Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG bets out, UTG+1 calls, I fold
Old 09-21-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Flopped Flush

I think you may have misplayed every street.

Why are you calling the raise in the CO with T8s? I don't see what happened between UTG+1 and you - did they all call or did they all fold - if they folded, then there is really no reason to call this raise.

On the flop, you simply MUST raise this hand for value. Plus, as it is right now, you have practically no information on UTG+1's hand. If you raise here, and he re-raises, you have more to go with - you will still call that raise, but at least you know that he either has made his flush or that he may have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

When the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes on the turn, you basically have to call down as I see it, since there are only 2 clubs that can beat you now.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:54 PM

he posted
Old 09-21-2005, 04:54 PM

You don't call the raise after posting the blind?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:04 PM

Raising the flop is best here. A flop raise will be perceived so often as a free card play that you will get 3-bet a fair amount the time or get donked into on a safe turn. UTG also will not be folding a single club for one or two bets so you're pretty much insured he will be coming along as well.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:59 PM

Calling the raise is stupidly easy for me. As is raising the flop. I sometimes wait for turn to raise a non club, but hear I would rather make it two bets to UTG. I think.

He would be getting 5 to 1 though, so if he has A or Jack of clubs this raise can't do much, since loose players don't fold these hands.

Maybe waiting for safe turn is the right play. Don't know. I like the fold though.