Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Where do I need to search?

I've been playing poker on the internet for about a month now, and was have gotten into a bit of a bind. Playing Limit hold 'em especially, I find myself either having a small winning session or huge losing session. It seems like I'm always beat by someone with the same pair with a better kicker, and other beats of that nature. What I'm wondering is, where do some of you guys look for holes in your games? I've been reading SSHE, and browsing the forums here frequently, but other than pokertracker, how can I look for holes in my game, and what kind of questions do I need to be asking myself?
*Live I'm very read dependent, and probably 9 times out of 10 cash out ahead a pretty good bit at a B&M cardroom. Not until I started playing online did I begin to study strategy.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Where do I need to search?

It sounds like you've already identified at least one of your major problems. If you find that you're consistently getting out kicked I would venture that your PF hand selection is poor.

You could search for a start chart. I'm pretty sure there are a few in the Micro FAQ. If you can't find one there go to the bookstore, pick up a Lou Krieger book, and use one in the back. SSH also has one around page...80 or so I think.

Furthermore, I would advise you to read Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em by Lee Jones if you haven't already. He doesn't give a chart, but you can easily convert his advice into chart form.

Actually, I did that when I started playing. It's an Excel file. If you want me to send it to you I'd be happy to. Just PM me with your email address. I'll be gone for a while today but I'll get it to you before the end of the evening.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM

I would recommend taking GrunchCan's challenge.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:54 PM

There are several starting hand charts in this thread . Use one until it becomes second nature. Understand why they are playable. Then, after 10K hands or so, you can get creative with them as bottomset suggests in that thread.