Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:27 PM

Default AKo all-in in front PF

$30+3 on PP. 100/200 blinds, I doubled up to 6734 chips 2 hands ago and have been playing solid. I am in MP2 with AKo and UTG+1 goes all-in for 3021. Last hand Villan re-raised all-in a 3xBB raise and lost a good portion of his stack on a bad beat with TT vs 66. I am pretty sure he has a pair (which would make the odds pretty much on the money if I called with no callers) but should I wait for a better spot? If it matters, my Q is about 2, 50 paid and about 150 left. There are 6 people behind me and 3 have me covered. Fold, call, or push?

-Chris
Old 09-21-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: AKo all-in in front PF

[ QUOTE ]
$30+3 on PP. 100/200 blinds, I doubled up to 6734 chips 2 hands ago and have been playing solid. I am in MP2 with AKo and UTG+1 goes all-in for 3021. Last hand Villan re-raised all-in a 3xBB raise and lost a good portion of his stack on a bad beat with TT vs 66. I am pretty sure he has a pair (which would make the odds pretty much on the money if I called with no callers) but should I wait for a better spot? If it matters, my Q is about 2, 50 paid and about 150 left. There are 6 people behind me and 3 have me covered. Fold, call, or push?

-Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

It's either a push or a fold obviously. I think this is a typical party tilt push, people do this sometimes after getting bad beaten. I don't see any way you can pass this up, he could easily have a weaker ace and decide he can steal. You have him way covered and even if you lose you still have 15 BBs. Easy push for me.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: AKo all-in in front PF

I push here. PP 30's are full of crazy fish. Lots of times this raise is kq, aj, aq etc.. ie, lots of chance your dominating right now. Enough anyway for me to ram my chips in. Getting to 10k now would give you a nice stack to use through the bubble.

P