Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 07:13 AM

Default Some preflop situations from todays session.

Some situations in todays session ($3/$6F) where I'm not 100% sure what to do. Please give reason for your answer. In advance, thank you very much.

1. CO is first in and raises. Button folds. You are in the SB holding QJs. What do you do?

2. UTG (Loose-Aggresive) raises. 2nd player (Loose-Passive) calls. MP and CO folds. You are on the button holding A9s. What do you do?

3. CO post blind out of position. UTG and 2nd player folds. You click the wrong button and limp with 55 (you wanted to raise). CO checks. Button raises. SB folds. BB reraises. What do you do?

4. CO is first in and raises. Button calls. SB folds. You hold T9o in the BB. Do you call?

5. You are in the BB holding K4s. Cutoff is first in and raises. Button calls. SB folds. Do you call?

6. UTG raises and everyone folds to you who have 57s in the BB. What do you do?

7.UTG raises and only CO calls. You are in the BB holding K8o. What do you do?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Some preflop situations from todays session.

[ QUOTE ]
1. CO is first in and raises. Button folds. You are in the SB holding QJs. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

reraise

[ QUOTE ]
2. UTG (Loose-Aggresive) raises. 2nd player (Loose-Passive) calls. MP and CO folds. You are on the button holding A9s. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold

[ QUOTE ]
3. CO post blind out of position. UTG and 2nd player folds. You click the wrong button and limp with 55 (you wanted to raise). CO checks. Button raises. SB folds. BB reraises. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have created a 7th position in the 6 max game?

[ QUOTE ]
4. CO is first in and raises. Button calls. SB folds. You hold T9o in the BB. Do you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the cutoffs stealing standards, a tight stealer I fold a loose stealer I call

[ QUOTE ]
5. You are in the BB holding K4s. Cutoff is first in and raises. Button calls. SB folds. Do you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the cutoffs stealing standards, a tight stealer I fold a loose stealer I call

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold
Old 09-20-2005, 10:06 AM

You are leaving out some critical inforation in almost every hand. Sure we can give general answers but that won´t help you that much at the tables...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is CO laggy, taggy or lp. does he steal more than 50% less than 20%? will BB come along no matter what? or is he tight preflop but an excellent and tenacious postflop player?
all these thing matter...
generally? I just call...

[ QUOTE ]
UTG (Loose-Aggresive) raises. 2nd player (Loose-Passive) calls. MP and CO folds. You are on the button holding A9s. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]
how are my chances of getting checked to on the flop if I raise here? if they are good I prefer to raise in this spot regardless of the blinds really...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

again reads would help... having said that i would call unless both button and BB are really tight,like reeeeally, in their raising requirements. Button could have a huge range here and BB doesn´t necessarily need to have a premium hand to threebet here

[ QUOTE ]
CO is first in and raises. Button calls. SB folds. You hold T9o in the BB. Do you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

generally no? does it happen? yes...

[ QUOTE ]
You are in the BB holding K4s. Cutoff is first in and raises. Button calls. SB folds. Do you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the CO and BT, yes I would.

[ QUOTE ]
UTG raises and everyone folds to you who have 57s in the BB. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I have some specific reads on how he play overcards/overpairs I fold here

[ QUOTE ]
G raises and only CO calls. You are in the BB holding K8o. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold no matter what...
Old 09-20-2005, 01:09 PM

Wow
I really have problems with these sorts of hands,
especially in the BB, where there is a Raise and a
call. YOu are getting 5:1 to see the flop and
my standards come WAY down to call. I think the
correct line moves all the time depending on the
Raisers standards and the callers standards.
I am usually trying to sit behind a player who
"calls" too much.

Given that, lets say the play is Raised by UTG
and called by EVERY player and you are in the BB
with 72o (assume a mix of players with at least 1
LAG 80/20/1.0) can you call given monster odds?
how about 34s or 92o??

I have always had problems with these types of
situations..

go back to your K8o hand and now put UTG raise, Button call and SB complete, can you call in BB?? Did your hand go UP or down in value?!?

I am going to put this q in theory too.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:26 PM

3bet. QJs flops top pair or a decent draw very often, and your 3bet preflop gives you strong fold equity on Axx and Kxx flops. Against a particularly tight blind stealer I fold this.

Fold. Potential domination is too dangerous IMO to play here. If the MP and CO both cold called as well, domination isn't as big of a problem and I would likely call. If the loose/aggressive is completely nuts preflop (80/60 for example), I'd call or 3bet instead.

I'm going to assume I'm MP here with 1 fold to me instead. I'd fold to the preflop 3bet getting at best ~3.5:1, unless I was almost positive that the CO was going to call too (then I'd call). The CO's check after your limp makes me think he'll fold much more often than not.

Call, I'm closing the action with ~5.25:1 and a CO preflop raiser could definitely be a weak hand. Again I fold to a very tight stealer.

Probably the same as #4, though I'd give more thought to folding since domination is a somewhat greater concern.

Fold, I don't think it's close. A typical UTG raising range demolishes your hand, it's not enough to call getting 3.5:1 OOP.

Fold. Domination reason again.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:48 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Some situations in todays session ($3/$6F) where I'm not 100% sure what to do. Please give reason for your answer. In advance, thank you very much.

*3bet

*call

*dont understand

*call all day

*varies between calling and folding based on the players

*depends on the player. against a weak player ill call knowing i can either induce a turn fold if they miss or make an easy fold if they play back at me. against a skilled player i'd fold usually.

*fold

[/ QUOTE ]