Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Oak -3 vs. Dallas

Looking ahead to week 4 already, one line jumped out at me.

Raiders are 0-3. On the road, they lost to the two teams that were in the super bowl last year. by 10 to the Pats, by 3 to the Eagles. At home, they lost to KC, who has looked sharp early this year. they lost by 6, but they were very much in this game, and could have easily won.

meanwhile, the Cowboys struggled against the 49ers. they lost to the Redskins, though it did seem to be a bit of a fluke. and they won at San Diego.

Seems like this line should be more than 3. Is this due to the fact that they are 0-3? Am I just thinking this because they looked good against the Eagles?

I need some help, the first line that jumped out at me last week was TB and that didn't work out.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Oak -3 vs. Dallas

I like Oakland here. I guess you could say Dallas is one fluky finish away from being undefeated, but come on...
Old 09-26-2005, 09:07 AM

I'm not too impressed with Philly. McNabb is hurt and showing it and they didn't have a kicker. Oakland has a decent defense but Collins is weak and I don't care for Jordan. The Cowboys aren't world beaters either but I would tread lightly with the Raiders.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:03 PM

I would play Oakland if I had to here, but keep in mind Bledsoe is still working within his "I think I'll play well my first 8 games with my new team" timeframe.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:48 PM

Dallas has shown a huge weakness in their secondary, with significant weakness at the corners. They've been burned deep five times in the past two games. I really like this game for Oakland on early look.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:46 PM

oakland -3 looks like the best play on the board at the moment for me. dallas is also staying in the bay area the entire week since they just played at San Fran. duno how that is going to affect the players mind set. the raiders have easily had the most brutal schedule of any team thus far. both superbowl teams on the road and KC who are probably in the top 3 best teams in the league at the moment.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:40 PM

Dallas couldn't even cover against SF, even though they were on the road.

I'm a Raider fan, but I don't think I'm being biased here in saying that I LOVE this line. Moss, Porter, and Gabriel can all get deep. That seems to be the Cowboy's weakness right now. Raiders run D looked nice against the Pats and Chiefs as well. Problem is pass D lol. I think Raiders will cover this spread.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:02 AM

well, Chiefs don't look so good, but the early $$ seems to be coming in on the Raiders and i think this is a good sign.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:06 AM

Actually the reverse is true. The line has dropped from Oak 3 -120 to -110/115 in the last 12 hours.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:08 AM

i got it at -110 last night. now i see it at -3 1/2 at some sites.

early money is generally a good sign though, correct?