Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Top two pair against possible flush...

BB is loose-passive, Button is extremly loose, 60/7/0.4 stats. flop cap makes me worried. Is this line okay?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises, 6 folds, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, Button raises, BB calls, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets</font>, Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB
Old 09-19-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Top two pair against possible flush...

i check/call once that J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits, unless button is some kind of maniac.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:10 PM

I think your line is fine. I might have 3-bet the turn, since I don't think a .4PFA is ever capping with a flush draw and no overcards, and I'm really only afraid of 66. But anytime you raise PF and the flop gets capped when it's obvious you have a made hand and you still get raised on the turn, I think it's OK to slow down.

Edit: I misread the hand and thought the diamonds were the A and K. Villian will be capping the flop with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] enough that I'm not 3-betting the turn without a solid read.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:15 PM

out of interest then, what do you think a 0.4 pfa is capping the flop which we are still ahead of after the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes on the turn?

[edit] not to mention if we are still ahead after we lead the turn and are raised! 3 betting there is just terrible.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
out of interest then, what do you think a 0.4 pfa is capping the flop which we are still ahead of after the J comes on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Any 2 pair hand. From a hand combination standpoint, there are more possible 2 pair combinations than 66 and Kx[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] combined.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:55 PM

ahh, youre oversimplifing here.

of course they have 2 pair most frequently, but that is only half the equation.

those times they have you beaten you are costing yourself an extra bet when you lead out the turn, however those times you are ahead when you lead, you do not gain an extra bet in the vast majority of cases.

the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a not a good card for you here, nor would be the Q or T of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], hence the check/call. if it were any card other then these 3, and certainly any non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then leading the turn is good, however, in this case, its not.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ahh, youre oversimplifing here.

of course they have 2 pair most frequently, but that is only half the equation.

those times they have you beaten you are costing yourself an extra bet when you lead out the turn, however those times you are ahead when you lead, you do not gain an extra bet in the vast majority of cases.

the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a not a good card for you here, nor would be the Q or T of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], hence the check/call. if it were any card other then these 3, and certainly any non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then leading the turn is good, however, in this case, its not.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not understanding why broadway [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s are any worse than smaller [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s. Are you suggesting he's capping with a gutshot or an underpair?

Also, if you plan on check/calling the turn then, any time he would continue to raise w/ 2 pair, you are losing a bet when you're ahead.