Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Greetings; or, forgive the fish

Hey, I'm new to the forums; I thought I'd get aquainted with the type of people posting here to get started.

So I've been playing Texas Hold 'em for a couple years now, pretty frequently at some points- as many as six days a week. Recently I got back into online poker pretty hard, and am doing what I consider to be very well. I like to think I'm pretty good, but who doesn't, right? ...It's hard to keep your ego in check after a good winning streak though, and I'm riding one right now.

I know how to play, but I don't know a couple of the technical terms I see around the forums.

First off I'm wondering: How much does a poker player have to be making per hour to be considered good? ...I figure this must go off some ratio based on the blinds or bet limits...

I wouldn't mind seeing a general tight/loose aggressive/passive clarification for me too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I know generally what the terms mean, but tight and passive seem to be closely related as far as I'm concerned.

Also I'm curious. What levels do you play? ...How long do you play? ...When do you stop yourself?

Currently I'm multi-tabling four 2/4 tables for thirty minute blitzes, and compared to my income, I'm ecstatic about the results.

What level, would you say, is the borderline between where the fish frolic and the sharks swim? In otherwords, where am I probably getting in over my head?

Sorry about the seemingly random bout of questions, and perhaps my newbish-ness, but I've been meaning to make a first post, and had a lot of questions too, so I thought I'd get this all out at once. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thanks for any responses...