Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Quick PF Question

You're the button with 87s. It's folded to you. The sb is taggish, the BB is a lag like 70/9 and has not folded a raise yet.

What do you do?

I remember reading in hepfap about limping in these types of situations (but I do believe both the blinds in that examples were extremelely loose), but I posted that about 6 months ago with like 22, hardly anyone liked it. Just wondering what some thoughts are here.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Quick PF Question

with the BB as loose as he is id probly fold, normally this is a raise for me tho, i do remember the part of HPFAP that says maybe limp speculative hands against loose blinds, but i dont like it, i would never do it, i think this is a raise or fold situation, if you limp, you are not getting the multiway action this hand needs, and you are giving up the chance to steal the blinds, and you are not taking the lead PF, i personally think it is the worst possible choice
Old 09-17-2005, 09:33 PM

You are up against two aggressive opponents, one of whom is almost guaranteed not to fold to a raise. Your chance of stealing the blinds is zero and if you limp you are likely to get raised to boot. I fold here.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:46 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

78s is better than a random hand. it has multiple ways to hit the flop. against an aggressive player if you hit your hand with position you stand to get paid off. also, with the power of your position you may be able to push BB off if a scary flop comes as it probably does not hit. routinely folding here is giving up too much. a limp encourages sb to complete and give you a nice little multiway pot with a suited connector. sometimes i would raise to get HU with BB with higher card value. here i would limp to encourage TAG sb. also, not raising if they are calling anyway promotes more mistakes for them if you hit the board as they may overbet for the size of the pot without the best of it. FTOP.