Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Mid-month goals check up

Well it's the middle of the month and I've been thinking about the goals we all made here.

I was curious to see how everyone's doing. Here's my report card:

No tilt: B - I think I've made great strides in this area, which isn't really making a huge difference in my win rate, but of course the sample size is small. I want to give myself an A here but I've been getting up and leaving frustrating tables and I think I need to be able to play through a run of bad (more frustrating than bad) cards before I can get top marks.

Only play $1-$2: A - provisionally. Almost immediately after setting this goal I was forced to create the 'Crypto Exception Rule,' which states that if I can find $0.50-$1 tables that have bigger pots than the $1-$2 tables, I am allowed to sit at those tables, at my discretion. And no, I don't mean bigger pots in big bets, I mean BIGGER pots. When the $1-$2 tables have $5 or smaller pots...that's just really bad.

Read Small Stakes Hold 'Em: F - Well I haven't read a single page yet, so this one is pretty easy. But I do have every reason to believe I will get it done before the month is over. I just finished a rather difficult tome on time travel, so I'm all set to go on SSH. I fully expect to get an A on this one by the end of the month.

Best of luck to everyone!
Old 09-17-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Mid-month goals check up

[ QUOTE ]
I just finished a rather difficult tome on time travel...

[/ QUOTE ]

So just put yourself back to the beginning of the month and you're set...oh, but then you'd still need to read the time-travel book, wouldn't you? I hate temporal conundrums.