Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 02:18 AM

Default River bet correct here?

Initially this seems like a situation where Im only getting called by a better hand, and folding a draw.

But here I avoid being bluffed, and also possibly fold hands like low pair + draw that have lucked out. Thoughts?

Oh and can anyone explain to me how i get rid of the color things being shown when i convert please?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 09-17-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: River bet correct here?

No don't bet the river here. This is a good time to bet the river when you have something like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Check and call the ace high to try and get him to bet with K-high or Q-high or whatever.

Brad
Old 09-17-2005, 03:02 AM

why do you bet with 7c6c here? curious.... seems like Ace high is better hand than 7 high...did I overlook something?
Old 09-17-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do you bet with 7c6c here? curious.... seems like Ace high is better hand than 7 high...did I overlook something?

[/ QUOTE ]

If lots of hands that are worse than yours will call, you have a value bet. If lots of hands that are better than yours will fold, you have a bluff. If you get neither, you have a wasted bet.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If lots of hands that are worse than yours will call, you have a value bet. If lots of hands that are better than yours will fold, you have a bluff. If you get neither, you have a wasted bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting with Ace high might be both! He can call with a worse hand, or fold a better one! His range of worse hands improves not that I've got Ace high. (? I'm not totally seeing what your saying Aaron..sorry)
Old 09-17-2005, 03:41 AM

The idea is that if he was on a draw and missed, if it gets checked through my ace high will hold up therefore there is no point to a bet. Betting usually would be pointless because he is only going to be calling with a better hand, and folding a worse hand.

The reason to bet with 67 is a pure bluff, because you dont want it to get checked through. You have the chance to fold a lot of overcards and other hands that may be better than yours, but wont call your bet.

My post is basically questioning whether this here is an exception to the rule, wish i remembered the read i had so it would make more sense.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and can anyone explain to me how i get rid of the color things being shown when i convert please?

[/ QUOTE ]

top left hand corner of the converter, there is a box labled "format" pick 2+2 forums

[hyp]