Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 01:29 PM

Default induce bluff opportunity?

3/6 Texas Hold'em Game Table (Limit) (6 max)

garyg888 posts small blind (1)
hero posts big blind (3)

Dealt to hero [ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]

(loose somewhat passive) UTG calls (3)
virgin99 folds.
Krokos folds.
Damien0277 calls (3)
garyg888 folds.
Hero checks.

3 sb [ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]

Hero checks.
UTG checks.
Damien0277 checks.

1.5 bb [ 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]

Hero bets (6)
UTG calls (6)
Damien0277 folds.

3.5 bb [ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]

Hero bets (6)

True that UTG is a bit passive, but how would you get that extra bb from him? Was the turn bet foolish? Does anyone raise PF here?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: induce bluff opportunity?

I don't think this is the spot where you want to induce a bluff. If you HAD raised PF (not necessarily recommending this) and come out firing on the flop and turn you may want to appear to give up on the river to induce a bluff against a player that does not miss a bet. In general I would never label that kind of opponent "passive".

Passive = Value bet.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:53 PM

Bet the flop, Bet the turn, Bet the river, ABC easy as 123.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be refering to the texture of the flop. Would you bet through without an Ace?
Old 09-09-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't found this, personally, to be profitable. I find I am getting called down by a 4 here or a better A way too often. Then again, I have logged only about 5K hands at 6max games. But from my experience, I have been leaning more towards checking the flop here, MAYBE firing on the turn if the table has shown proclivity to fold, and definitely value betting the river. Don't forget how bad your position is here. If I were closing the action on the flop, I'd most likely bet when checked to, and fire again on the turn, folding to a raise.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't found this, personally, to be profitable. I find I am getting called down by a 4 here or a better A way too often. Then again, I have logged only about 5K hands at 6max games. But from my experience, I have been leaning more towards checking the flop here, MAYBE firing on the turn if the table has shown proclivity to fold, and definitely value betting the river. Don't forget how bad your position is here. If I were closing the action on the flop, I'd most likely bet when checked to, and fire again on the turn, folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do they have a better A or a 4, your hand is probably best and these idiots will peel with absolutely anything, heck half the time you bet the river it feels likey you get called by 35 in these situations and want to break something, but this is how bad your opposition plays honestly. You need to bet for value on the flop and often to just take the hand away before anyone can draw out somthing stupid on you.