Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 11:58 AM

Default b&m n/l 2/5 500$ max buy in

A in first position calls for 5. I in 4th postion raise to 20. folds to A. who calls. I have 44. flop is Qd 4d and 7s. A cks and I bet 40. A calls turn is 8c.
A cks and I bet 60 and he calls. river is 8d. He cks and I bet 100. He raises 120. I call and he shows down flush. was my play correct or shd I have raised all in?
I had 400 left. he had 1500. we had been playing 2 or 3 hrs together. He mixed up his play well. He and several other players thot I shd have raised, but I thot with my betting into flush and his raising with obvious flush on the board boats were possible. was I being too conservative? In hindsight it looks like he was on a draw all the time since if he had a set of Qs or 7s or Q8 he wld have raised at least on the flop or turn. But even so, why would he raise on the river?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: b&m n/l 2/5 500$ max buy in

Players are generally awful. His play looks EXACTLY like a flush draw. If he hit runner runner full house, then you have to pay it off here. I'd reraise this because it looks like the flush raising to me. His raise is HORRIBLE btw because TPTK doesn't pay it off, and he's likely to get hammered by a full house, which should have happened here. I'd have reraised him around another $120 or $200. I don't think he'll call a push unless he has the nut flush.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: b&m n/l 2/5 500$ max buy in

You MUST raise here. This time, every time.

There is a reason his stack was so much bigger than yours. Learn to extract some value. You are basically never up against a hand that beats you with this betting line.