Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:00 PM

Default TT against a LPP, river whatttttt

48 hands, nothing out of line besides going to showdown a large amount of time. VP$IP of 40, pfr of 6, postflop aggression of 1.2. He'd lost about 10BB over 4 or 5 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="purple">Hero what what</font>

Final Pot: FISHY
Old 09-07-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: TT against a LPP, river whatttttt

Fish need money too. I give him 4 bucks.

And then take note of wtf he played like that.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:06 PM

Because I can't fold this and I can't raise this, I call this.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:12 PM

When was the last time you won one of these? It's very close due to the huge pot odds, but I think it's still a fold.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:34 PM

That's why I'm asking. My first inclination was an immediate fold and then I called despite my feelings because the river was so bizarre and 75 or 52 are probably beyond even this guy.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's why I'm asking. My first inclination was an immediate fold and then I called despite my feelings because the river was so bizarre and 75 or 52 are probably beyond even this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably got something like 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or a rivered set of fours instead.

That said, I might have called his river checkraise too. I do that sometimes, when the pot's kind of big and I don't trust my read on my opponent and I'm having trouble putting him on a hand.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:43 PM

Hero folds.

This guy is a loose goose and there are several hands that can beat you that he probably played from the BB. You are probably looking at a set or two pair. While the pot is offering 11:1 odds, I can't call this check-raise with less than top pair unless you tell me that this guy is capable of bluff check-raising the river. And that's unlikely.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:27 PM

Hero calls. The pot is too big to fold for just one more bet, but you can expect to lose 90% of the time. I've had fish throw in a river check-raise with wacky hands on a number of occasions.

Ok, I don't mean to hijack, but this is what I'm talking about:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

CO is a fish.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

River: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font> [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img], Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results:<font color="white">
CO shows QhTh for 2 pair, tens and eights.
UTG+1 shows Td7d for 2 pair, tens and eights.
Hero wins 13.5BB</font>
Old 09-07-2005, 10:36 PM

In Small Stakes Hold'em, Sklansky generally advocates calling for one bet when the pot is offering 10:1 or better, unless you have a stone read on your opponent.

I call, and expect to be beaten.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:42 PM

I'm calling here because I simply have no idea what villain could have had here. There is nothing logical that he had that hit that river. Not to say our opponents are logical, but that fact alone puts enough doubt into my head to call. Someone who has been losing may be trying to manufacture wins.