Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 07:41 PM

Default can you survive a rebuy stud tourney without rebuys?

i'm dicking around in the $5 rebuy stud sat for the WCOOP stud ($300 buyin) $150k guaranteed stud event, and i'm running really hot, winning every hand thats gone to a showdown i'm involved in, etc.

even though, i'm still leaps and bounds behind the people taking full advantage of the rebuys, and am wondering if this might just be a waste of my time since i'm at such a chip disadvantage.....any feedback is appreciated.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: can you survive a rebuy stud tourney without rebuys?

First - if you're winning then you don't have the option to re-buy anyway. you have to have less than the starting stack (probably was $1500 unless it's a turbo) in order to be allowed to re-buy.

Second - Of course it's possible to survive.
The smart-alec answer is: If you keep winning your hands you will probably do well...but if you lose your hands, then things probably won't go so well.

Third - It's generally considered +EV to rebuy when the opportunity presents itself. However, there are many players in rebuys who wait to see how things go at the start before taking the double-up. Kind of up to you.

Fourth - Taking the add-on at the first break is usually +EV. In the case of the Stars WCOOP satellites this is probably the case 99% of the time.
If you want to try to 'make it there' without taking add-on that's up to you.
But your chances are improved if you take the add-on.
Don't think about trying to 'save 5 bucks'. Think in terms of 'improving your chances (or more accurately: giving yourself the BEST possible chance) of winning a $320 tourney entry.

good luck