Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 02:35 PM

Default 53k hands at 5-10 6max SOS Stat post

Help!

I started playing 5-10 6max (my former main game was 3-6 full) in mid-May. Since then I have had a lot of fun and learned a lot. I absolutely love poker and have developed a love of shorthanded play. The problem is, I have done okay results-wise, until the past two weeks, in which I have hit a HUGE downswing. I know for a fact that I have had some bad luck (for example, a long streak of sets not holding up, but I won't bore anyone with bad beat stories that have been told a million times before), but at this point I am convinced that there are several major leaks in my game, but I am not sure where. I am 100% dedicated to becoming better as a player and hope to get some useful advice by posting detailed stats here.

Please be as brutally honest as you like. Also, if you change your screenname on a party skin, it doesn't affect rakeback payments, does it? If I find out that it doesn't, I'll post my screenname so that people can let me know if they saw me do anything really bad.

Thanks in advance. You guys are brilliant.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: 53k hands at 5-10 6max SOS Stat post

You're WSD seems a little low and is probably also why your Aggro numbers are so high. Although it's not that low for 5/10, but you would get killed making that many folds at 10/20. Call down a little more and you'll be surprised how often your ahead.

Your W$SD number also indicates that you're running bad, but over 50k+ hands it could mean you're calling down in the wrong spots, FWIW.

-Craig
Old 09-06-2005, 02:42 PM

The only things that jump out at me are your low WtSD% and relatively low W$SD%. If WtSD% is that low, I would expect your W$SD% to be higher - this is either running bad or folding too many winners. Also, your aggression is really high on all streets - this tells me that you pound too hard at times and then fold too much when you get played back at. Consider checking and calling more. You probably don't win as big pots as you could and also give up in pots you could win too easily.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:43 PM

Tone down the post flop ag. Call down more, the WTSD is absurdly low.
You aren't respecting position enough: too many hands UTG (for my taste), not enough on the button.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:44 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you're raising and folding when you should be calling
Old 09-06-2005, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the responses so far, guys. I had suspected these things and it is good to hear them from others.

Anyone care to chime in as to whether I can change my handle on a party skin and not mess up rakeback? Or is that affiliate-specific?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:56 PM

I'm pretty sure changing your screenname is fine. I did it on Empire and it was fine.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:20 PM

if ur with eurobet you can easily change your username and it effects nothing to do with your rakeback. Think u can only change ur name once every 6 months.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:13 PM

it looks to me like you are getting slaughtered in the BB. I think your raise # is a bit low in that position. Re-raise occasionally go back over the top, you'll be surprised in 6 -max how many times it works out.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:20 PM

As a fellow post-flop LAG I can assure you that your numbers are WAY too aggressive.

sthief summed it up quite well.
You are raising and folding too much when you should be calling.

Mostly, I've started to take some semi-fancy-play chances....I'm trying to get the most bets I can through the duration of the hand if I think I'm way ahead.

I'm also willing to take a free-card or even just slow-play (check-through) some borderline hands.

Perhaps try playing fewer tables and really focusing on your opponents.
You don't want to get TOO fancy of course.
But there are opportunities out there that you are missing.

Going from 'foot ALWAYS on the gas pedal' to occasional 'cruise-control' has really helped my game the past couple of months.
Your post-flop aggression numbers look similar to where mine have been in the past....and I am definitely still working on that 'foot ALWAYS on the gas-pedal' syndrome.

hope these observations help somehow.