Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Couple hands for review

This is my first time using the converter so I apologize if the hand does not come out correctly.

(1) In this first hand, the only info on villian was that they 3 bet A2os from the BB. This lead me to believe they are more aggressive than most and overplay their hands. Should I have capped the flop?:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
3 folds</font>, Hero raises</font>, 1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

(2) In this second hand, I had no read on my opponent but my PT stats show after 95 hands he is 75% VP$IP, PF raise 3%, .8 AF on flop and turn and over 5 on the river, for total AF 1.13. Anyway, my standard play here is to call the turn raise and C/C the river, but I am trying to improve my own game and I think calling down with the second best hand is one of my major leaks (especially when on tilt). The turn raise screamed of something slowplayed on the flop, and from my experience, it usually is exactly what they are representing:

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, Button calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

(3) This hand made me wonder if I did in fact make a mistake in the previous one (this is same villian as in hand #2). Standard I presume?

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG bets</font>, Button folds, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: [color=#FFFFFF]
Hero has Ks Jd (one pair, kings).
UTG has Js 9s (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>

(4) This is the fourth and final hand. No read on either opponent. My feeling with the turn bet was that they had made two pair, but I didn't want to give a free card to a flush draw so I raised it up and checked the river... not really fearing the made flush but SB having made two pair on the turn (I find a certain kinds of fish donk bet when they improve on the turn).

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]SB bets</font>, MP calls, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

River: (12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB

If these hands are too standard, I will try to find some juicier ones during my next session. I know I am a winning player but I also know there is tons of room to improve and posting specific hand histories looks to be a superb way to do so.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Couple hands for review

Oh crap, I see something went wrong with the converter. Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 09-05-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Couple hands for review

It's a converter problem, just put it all into a useful text editor and replace all the = with :, or do them all by hand.