Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 05:02 PM

Default i forgot how to play again (couple of hands)

this happens to me with shocking regularity.

hand one: turn raiser is 35/0/.4 over about 80 hands. is this a bad fold?

six handedconverter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

hand two: no reads in this one. i'm open to comments on all streets, as it all felp pretty bad.

six handed converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (9.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

thanks to jason t for sloving my converter issue. i probably should have known to do that already
Old 09-03-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: i forgot how to play again (couple of hands)

bump
Old 09-03-2005, 07:40 PM

Hand one is a hard fold to make but AF of .4 is pretty compelling, unfortunately its only 80 hands...

When I reason it out it seems close either way. Unless these numbers are a very unlikely aberation this is not the type of villian to raise the turn after a bet and a call with 66-99 or A7 etc. Having another villian that wants to stick around isnt great either. You need a very good reason to fold and youve definately got some good ones, I think without a few more hands demonstrating that this guy almost certainly has the goods I just call it down and then usually wish i hadnt.

I think you can fold the turn on hand 2, on paper it looks like a call but with reverse domination and lots of draws its pretty thin.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:48 PM

did you post a blind UTG in hand one and somehow the action came back to you preflop as if you straddled???

for hand 2 i think you should fold the turn since MP clearly has something as well as the aggressor.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:55 PM

hand 1 - i can't fold.

hand 2 - is this a standard raise UTG? i like having A8s at least. i usually fold here. i probably check-fold the flop