Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 02:37 PM

Default I\'m quite embarrased, please help

Yeah, this hand was a trainwreck. I got hosed. How do you play it?

Party 30+3 ~250ish left, top 80 pay. Have been at this table like 8 hands, so no real reads but they might see me as a little LAGgy. Had AA once where I got someone to call for all their chips w/ a set on the flop. Had AK once, raised PF and cont. bet the flop and took it down.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t11132)
UTG+1 (t10780)
UTG+2 (t1150)
MP1 (t2832)
Hero (t6270)
MP3 (t4753)
CO (t5220)
Button (t3570)
SB (t8070)
BB (t1689)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
4 folds</font>, Hero raises to t450</font>, 1 fold</font>, CO calls t450, 3 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1125) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players
Hero bets t800 CO calls t800.

Turn: (t2725) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets t1000,CO calls t1000.

River: (t4725) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 players)
Hero checks, CO Pushes for ~3000, Hero folds is retarded and decided she had slow played AK.

Final Pot: t7695
Old 09-03-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: I\'m quite embarrased, please help

i call the river
Old 09-03-2005, 03:49 PM

I put her on a flush draw, and figured I could keep charging her the wrong price, but this just screamed a slow played two pair or maybe AK. I don't know.

Is my betting bad? How do you play this differently before the river?
Old 09-03-2005, 03:53 PM

1.) AK (like you initially said) or QKs, but villain didn’t raise you on the flop or turn--sort of unlikely with the straight and flush draws.

2.) AJs, ATs, JTs; It’s more likely you were up against one of these draws that missed and decided to bluff the river because of your check (sign of weakness). Calling the flop and turn with no sign of strength on villain’s part would be a sign of an obvious draw. IMO.

Further, Howard Lederer mentions in his video, ”You can usually spot a river bluff by how a player bets or calls the flop and turn
Old 09-03-2005, 03:58 PM

i probably bet 1500 on the turn.

I don't think AK is playing so passive here, there are a ton of draws out. A check on the river is only good if you plan on calling his bet, which will be a bluff more often than not, imo.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Further, Howard Lederer mentions in his video, ”You can usually spot a river bluff by how a player bets or calls the flop and turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be hard to determine when playing online...
Old 09-03-2005, 04:18 PM

I hate this hand, but I think you played it right. The call on the turn just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. I'm thinking she just made her (wait, there are no female poker players...) str8 or she's scard of the str8... But on the turn he knows you either have a busted draw or a pair less than TPTK. This just doesn't scream bluff to me.

GF, I think.

CSC
Old 09-03-2005, 06:50 PM

I call on the river. You are getting 2.3-1 pot odds. Is villain a loose fish who calls a raise with any king? The only calling hands that have you beat are KQs, 77, and JTs. villain could have a busted draw. I call and find out.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:52 PM

No reads on anyone as I've literally only been at the table for at most 8 hands. However I was partially worried that villian thought I was a LAG due to the previous hands I mentioned (the AK didn't get shown). Therefore it was feasable that she just let me bet into her w/ AK or KQ or something.