Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 02:32 PM

Default unlucky or bad play?

I play alot of small stakes hold em i.e. .50 1.00 or 1.00 2.00 no limit. Lately I seem to get drawn out on more than usual. I'll always have the best hand pre-flop and get sucked out with hands like j 4 and other crap like that. I usually always raise with my good hands but I still get weak out of position callers who seem to always outdraw me. I cant figure out what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I would like to mention that I mostly play online, as online play greatly differs from live play. Thank you
Old 09-04-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: unlucky or bad play?

Post some hands you have questions on. No one will be of much help if they cannot see examples of how you play.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:50 PM

Read SSH section 'protecting your hand'. This helps, but sometimes the bad players in these rooms will catch you with stupid catches on turn/river anyway, however you just have to be safe in knowledge that you are playing correctly and in long run you will win and they will lose.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:53 PM

example 1: I have kings on the button utg+2 raises $2.00,(blinds are .25 .50) 2 middle position players call. I reraise $7.00, original raiser calls. Both middle players fold. flop comes rags, but are all hearts. Its heads up now and the original raiser bets 5.00 he only has about 10 left. I put him on a draw because most low limit players check when they flop a flush in my opinion. So I put him all in. Sure enough he has 2 queens with the queen of hearts. And the turn brings a heart. This happens to me time and time again.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:59 PM

You're in the wrong forum. Try the Small Stakes No Limit forum.
Closed Thread