Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Loose call on the button with A9o?

Table was generally loose and passive, all the opponents in this hand were 40%ish VPIP, MP3 was more agressive than most. I wouldnt normally limp A9o but seeing as I was on the button I thought I'd give it a go. When he called the flop and bet into me again on the turn I figured he had a Queen, when he 3 bets the river I'm gritting my teeth in case of Q9 or QJ. Comments?

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Loose call on the button with A9o?

Pf is meh. I don't think it makes that big a difference either way. I like postflop.

-Jaran
Old 09-02-2005, 02:49 PM

I'd play it the same, though I'd probably cap the river. 9 times out of 10 he probably has the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here. He doesn't have a boat unless he has QJ, which is a possibility, but if he does thats poker.

Schwatt
Old 09-02-2005, 03:00 PM

I would just call the 3-bet on the river (as OP did). I think it's unlikely he 3-bets you here with a worse hand - he knows you have a flush here and is only rarely going to push the king of spades this hard, particularly where hero woke up again on the fourth flush card.

You are behind QQ/JJ/99/QJ/Q9/KTs and T8s all of which might be played this way. I'm not too worried about QQ/JJ but the rest are definite possibilities.

Although if this:
[ QUOTE ]
MP3 was more agressive than most

[/ QUOTE ]
means he'd play this way with trip queens or the king high flush then by all means cap the river.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:00 PM

As far as the limp I think it's fine. I'd either limp or fold after 3 limpers.