Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 10:14 PM

Default 99 on overcard flop... too agg/ too weak?

No reads available, had sat down recently

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.00 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.00 BB.

Comments?
TIA
Old 08-31-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: 99 on overcard flop... too agg/ too weak?

Bet the turn. I might wimp out on a river value bet b/c I'm afraid of a weaker ten, but betting the river is likely best.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:18 PM

your in position remember, I'd bet the turn if not anything to see where you stand, if you get check-raised you can smell the rat that he has a Flush, but most don't slow play flushes, when they get them they bet like crazy.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:05 PM

bet the turn, fold to a raise. I probably would check behind on river
Old 09-01-2005, 06:28 PM

It is rare that he is betting a flush draw on the flop.
I'd bet the turn -- but folding to a raise is out of the question since we picked up a flush draw ourselves now.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:54 PM

The turn was the point where I could have got some real information where I stood. I might have feared the check-raise at the time. I guess I passed that opportunity.

4 to the 4th nut flush with 3 on the board is not that great in my book with 2 opponents. Maybe I expect too much from my opponents.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:49 PM

I'm betting that turn and checking behind the river barring improvement. If I hit a set I'm betting the river everytime. If I hit a flush I'm betting if it's HU and calling a check-raise. If it's 3-way and I hit a flush I'm taking the showdown.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:52 PM

checking the turn really sucks
Old 09-01-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the turn -- but folding to a raise is out of the question since we picked up a flush draw ourselves now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with 2 out of 3 things, here. First, I'd bet out a four-flush 100% of the time on the flop, here, fearing that UI overcards might let it check through. Second, I agree that Hero should have bet the turn when SB only called his flop raise...you might have some FE, there, if the SB is weak-tight with a not-great ten. And, third, I agree that Hero shouldn't fold to a turn check-raise, but calling because you picked up a 9-high, one-card flush is nuts. N-V-T-S, nuts! So, maybe I only disagree with one-and-a-half things.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with 2 out of 3 things, here. First, I'd bet out a four-flush 100% of the time on the flop, here, fearing that UI overcards might let it check through. Second, I agree that Hero should have bet the turn when SB only called his flop raise...you might have some FE, there, if the SB is weak-tight with a not-great ten. And, third, I agree that Hero shouldn't fold to a turn check-raise, but calling because you picked up a 9-high, one-card flush is nuts. N-V-T-S, nuts! So, maybe I only disagree with one-and-a-half things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you call the turn then? On chance he's bluff raising??