Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Good Blog re. Hurricane stuff

Apologizes if this has been posted before, I just saw it at another website. Pretty interesting.

Oops. Here is the link.

Swede
Old 09-01-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Good Blog re. Hurricane stuff

[ QUOTE ]
Apologizes if this has been posted before, I just saw it at another website. Pretty interesting.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fantastic!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:47 PM

so uh, where's the link?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:43 PM

Wow that is probably one of the most interesting and distrubing things I have ever read.

Thanks for the link.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:51 PM

The part about cops turning into looters is pretty damn scary. Sounds like the guy posting this blog has his stuff together though. Buying 1500 gallons of diesel is a pretty big endeavour.

Swede
Old 09-01-2005, 01:54 PM

It is surreal to think that all of that is happening less than a 5 hour/drive away from where I am in Southeast Texas.

They need help bad.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:15 PM

Hey, I know one of these guys from an online game I used to play in college. He gave me free web hosting way back when.

DirectNIC are good people.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oops. Here is the link.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

F'ing incredible. This is a clusterf#ck of unimaginable size. I went through the Oakland Hills Fire as a paramedic which was incredibly poorly run and chaotic but this is so beyond comprehension...

I cannot believe they still haven't made mass food and water drops in the convention center area.

From the Blog:

'It's raining now and I guess that's a relief from the heat. It's hot as hell down there in the sun. Crime is absolutely rampant: rapes, murders, rape-murder combinations.

I have really cut back answering IMs. Not enough time. I apologize people.

In case anyone in national security is reading this, get the word to President Bush that we need the military in here NOW. The Active Duty Armed Forces. Mr. President, we are losing this city. I don't care what you're hearing on the news. The city is being lost. It is the law of the jungle down here. The command and control structure here is barely functioning. I'm not sure it's anyone's fault -- I'm not sure it could be any other way at this point. We need the kind of logistical support and infrastructure only the Active Duty military can provide. The hospitals are in dire straights. The police barely have any capabilities at this point. The National Guard is doing their best, but the situation is not being contained. I'm here to help in anyway I can, but my capabilities are limited and dropping. Please get the military here to maintain order before this city is lost.'
Old 09-01-2005, 02:23 PM

This quote is the scariest I've seen yet:

[ QUOTE ]
In case anyone in national security is reading this, get the word to President Bush that we need the military in here NOW. The Active Duty Armed Forces. Mr. President, we are losing this city. I don't care what you're hearing on the news. The city is being lost. It is the law of the jungle down here. The command and control structure here is barely functioning. I'm not sure it's anyone's fault -- I'm not sure it could be any other way at this point. We need the kind of logistical support and infrastructure only the Active Duty military can provide. The hospitals are in dire straights. The police barely have any capabilities at this point. The National Guard is doing their best, but the situation is not being contained. I'm here to help in anyway I can, but my capabilities are limited and dropping. Please get the military here to maintain order before this city is lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even scarier this quote from this article:

[ QUOTE ]
"This is the worst case," Hugh B. Kaufman, a senior policy analyst at the Environmental Protection Agency, said of the toxic stew that contaminates New Orleans. "There is not enough money in the gross national product of the United States to dispose of the amount of hazardous material in the area."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-01-2005, 03:26 PM

who is this guy?

-McGee