Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 11:04 AM

Default 10/20 - QQ

No reads. I hadn't realised button had limped when I raised preflop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button ($2631.33)
SB ($4680)
Hero ($2000)
UTG ($2248.50)
MP ($1000)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $20, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, Button calls $80, SB folds.

Flop: ($220) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $525</font>, Hero calls $325.

Turn: ($1270) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1300</font>, Hero?
Old 09-01-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: 10/20 - QQ

his turn bet makes no sense what so ever..I'd push this turn given sized of the pot and how strong-weak his turn bet looks.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:33 AM

Ok, I have played these limits but am obviously not half as experienced as some of the fellas here. But here's my take anyways.
Could be the villain has A2 suited and dosen't give you the King. If he has the K, then he played it the correct and most right way by raising you on the flop, so you dont think he has trips.
Either way I check the flop, If he checks you still dont know what he has but you can try and check raise the turn (representing the AK etc) (putting about the same money in) and make him fold the 2. If he calls the check raise you're in trouble but no worse then now and you know for sure, so you can check fold the river. If he bets the flop then again you are no worse then now BUT you have less money invested and still try a check raise all in ???
As it stands he gives you EXACTLY the hand that you have (QQ JJ 1010 99).
Would you have bet the flop if an Ace pair showed?

Seeing the situation that you're in currently and no reads from before, I fold.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:43 PM

this hand is so incredibly opponent/read/metagame dependent i dont know how i can help much... when you make a post like this, i think you should just tell us who it was against, and give us some recent history... at least tell us how the game was playing.

that big bet is looking like the nuts to me. i dont see why he wouldnt just bet less with a bluff... i wouldnt be too surprised if this guy rolled 2222. it might be his most likely hand...

that said, if the guy is a player, i suppose you might want to look him up.... this pot bet is mucho suspicious and you have a really good hand here... making a stand for 100BB might be ok. if youre right, you double up in a capped game (def def worth something to me) and you show the rest of the table not to eff with you... id also show this hand if i moved in for the last of my money and he mucked to let everyone know you didnt need a K to play there.

BTW/ would you have raised more if you saw the button was in? why? less?????
Old 09-01-2005, 01:49 PM

Never seen/played with this guy before.

FWIW if I move in it's about $75 more to him.

If I'd noticed the button was in I might have raised $25 more, or the same. Not a big deal, I was just a bit shocked when I realised I was OOP on the flop.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:56 PM

I really dislike playing QQ OOP, especially with a flop like that.

The preflop raise was obviously fine. It's probably 50/50 if you're winning or drawing dead. I would think, if he had a king, why would he bet so much on the turn?

Like everyone else said, depends on your opponent.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:57 PM

way ahead/behind

i dont see how you can call without a good read, not having the read makes it super hard to know what to do.

a lot of the time that i get raised with a hand like this on the flop, OOP against an unknown, i fold since im putting 300$ more in only to have my balls put in a huge vice on the turn and river. its hard to get a cheap showdown oop, and i always end up playing a bigger pot than i wanted to.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:51 PM

what a shitty situation. i really hate calling flop/folding turn, but with no read you are [censored] all over.

no solid answer from me.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:55 PM

Here's something for you to argue about: Check the flop.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:00 PM

I don't have the time (in the middle of immunology) but I feel like I could write an essay about how easy it is to represent the nuts/prevent stealing/resteal, etc by checking this flop. I'll write more later.