Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Hmm, Calling two out of the blind.

Mp2 is table fish. I have him at 63/6 over 70 hands.
Button is 17/8 Slightly agressive, especially with position.
SB is 12/4 Having postition on him has allowed me to make better decisions, mostly to the quality of his cards.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

At first I considered mucking, but the fact that I would be getting effectively 5-1 on my call. I decided to get away from potentally bad flops, but position on the SB helped.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Had the SB led, I would have been at a tougher spot, but as it is, I may have the best hand. Mp2 is not a worry, as he will raise if he has an ace beat.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Mp2's call on the turn leads me to believe he is drawing. I will lead any non flush river.

River: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I posted this because I was interested to hear thoughts about playing a TAG a LAP, and a potential blind steal all in the same hand. I was forced to ajust to three opponents, all with different tendancies.

Comment on PF and flop. Both times I considered mucking, however I played.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Hmm, Calling two out of the blind.

wow! i'll have to hear what more experienced people think of that PRF call based on tight reads [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] FWIW: i think it is correct, but i haven't had to face a situation such as this.

i'm wondering about the river bet: why not check, hope he bluffs as you're only folding hands you beat anyways or do you think a worse hand would be calling you? just wondering as i always bet here too.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:41 PM

You should be leading any river. There are too many hands he could be calling down with that you beat.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:42 PM

I probably muck pf here. We're not gaurenteed a multiway pot, and very well could be dominated. True, we could have the best hand, and we can probably outplay postflop, but it is not an easy situation to get yourself into. You're OOP with a possibly dominated hand. I find a better spot.

this is sorta like what I just did with a girl. I've been hooking up with her, but don't like her that much. I know she's going to go for more, and I don't want to hurt her. I've backed myself into a difficult spot, just like you did with your AQ. Hopefully my situation will turn out like yours.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably muck pf here. We're not gaurenteed a multiway pot, and very well could be dominated. True, we could have the best hand, and we can probably outplay postflop, but it is not an easy situation to get yourself into. You're OOP with a possibly dominated hand. I find a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am almost guaranteed a multiway pot. Mp2 will call since he already called one. Button will at least call. Even if button raises, I still plan to call.

I do not think I have the best hand. However, I think there are a lot of flops that can give me the best hand if not the best draw. Domination is a factor here, but I think here that I am capible of releasing a potentally dominated hand.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:10 PM

If SB's stats are accurate this isn't even a decision.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If SB's stats are accurate this isn't even a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]
agree completely.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:30 PM

How many hands do you have on SB? I'm not liking my hand at all vs. a 12/4 player. What hands are 3-betting here OOP? AA-TT and AKs/o maybe? Yikes.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:37 PM

I fold this preflop as well.

Since we called, what should we do if the SB leads out the flop? The large pot makes me want to raise. Is this right?