Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 01:50 AM

Default A few iso raises plus metagame considerations

Opponent is 56/35ish and increasingly being aggressive preflop his steal% is 60%. He isnt as agro postflop

My image is fairly tight although a 35/20 LAG was pissed when i capped AJo from CO against his 88 in SB and I caught a J on the turn. I also 3bet him from sb with 55 and he capped i folded to A high flop.

first hand our maniac friend raises UTG i 3bet with A6s UTG+ everyone folds. Good? bad? ehh?

Horror flop KJ9 all diamonds I have clubs he bets into me i fold.

Next hand TAG limps CO (lol) SB (Mr agro) raises I 3bet in BB with A6s? good? bad? ehh? Tags limp probably means he wants to see a flop with something for 2 bets.

TAG folds Mr agro caps it. postflop play is pretty standard I get lucky and showdown my rivered straight on a 4 flush board he has AQ unimproved no flush.

Further questions are metagame considerations. After being caught 3betting with a weak hand do i now tighten up and go back to my usual tight game or do I keep isolation raising until someone does something funky?

How many times can I try and get away with this play until it is time to change gears?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: A few iso raises plus metagame considerations

In the first hand, you were UTG+1? I would let this go. His pfr of 35 is high, but not astronomical. Since a lot of raises are apparently from steal position, his UTG raising standard is probably not wide enough to justify three-betting here with a whole field of people behind you who could have woken up with a hand.

I like the second hand.

After this gets shown down, I would tighten up somewhat. Borderline hands that could have gone either way before I would not bother with anymore. But I wouldn't significantly tighten up until I had seen from my opponents' play that they were reacting to what they saw.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: A few iso raises plus metagame considerations

I agree. Against a TAG I think it is time to change gears once he sees that.