Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 02:35 PM

Default A move with real gutshot, position and a pseudoflushdraw

have been sitting at the table 20-30 min, guy to my right, villain in this hand, has 900 and is tag. I have 460. I havent done anything out of line, except maybe raising a little bit too frequent in CO and on button, havent shown many hands down as far as I can remember. I think Villain respects my play though.

Utg limps, Villain makes it 15 to go in the CO, I call with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. We see the flop heads up.

flop (40$) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i have a gutshot, runner runner flushdraw, and a bluffing flushdraw with the clubs.

he bets 20 (hmm half pot on draw heavy board what can that mean?) anyway i call too see what happens on turn and maybe make a move)

turn80$) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] villain bets 25

What the XXXX does he have that bets like this preflop and then on this draw heavy board? I take his bets for face value and raises but now i think it was too little. I make it 75.( I should have made it 100 at least right?) Now he must fold 1010JJ and certainly not raise with one pair hands right? so that i maybe get to take it home with an 8 or a club or maybe the 4 straight if that comes or something. Thoughts please
Old 08-30-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: A move with real gutshot, position and a pseudoflushdraw

If I was going to make this move, I would definitely have raised more on the turn. I think I make it $130 to go, that would be a full pot-sized raise. If he plays back, let it go.

Since you were planning to make a move the whole way, I would probably have raised his flop bet. IMO, Its cheaper and easier to get away from to make that move on the flop. It also gives you more fold equity.

However, I don't think I would have made a move on this board. It is really likely that the turn hit him. If he was on big cards that missed the flop he turned at least a straight draw (AJ) if not 2 pair (KQ) or a made straight (J-10s). If he's on the club draw, he probably just made second pair with a draw to the nuts. I don't know if he's going anywhere.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: A move with real gutshot, position and a pseudoflushdraw

This is the same thing that happened to me with these weird bets, if you read my post you will know what I am talking about. He either has 1010, JJ or a monster like KKK, he could be drawing to the clubs as well. I think you made the right play and need to follow through on the river.