Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Questions to experienced PP Super Weekday players

OK, I've been playing for several months. I've done alot of reading and I've been having pretty good success at the 5+1 single table sng tourneys at party poker. I have finished in the money in a couple of small buy-in multi tables. I'm really interested in playing a super weekday/saturday tournament. I was wondering which one I should start with? I know Friday is a 200 instead of 150. Is one more profitable than the other. What is a realistic expectation for my first one. I know it all depends on my play. Lets assume I play pretty solid values only and avoid close gambles. My ROI on SNGs is about 75% over the last couple dozen. (small sample I know) Someone let me know what to expect and how easily I can get into the money before its down to all 2+2 users.

I appreciate any advice I can get.
-Heath
Old 08-29-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Questions to experienced PP Super Weekday players

laff
Old 08-29-2005, 12:50 AM

Honestly the fact you posted this shows you have a lot to learn. Move up to 10-1's and learn more. Build a bankroll, and maybe a try a few qualifiers if you really wanna play in the Super's. But seriously if you keep posting "75% ROI in $5-1" your just asking for a verbal ass kicking.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
. Lets assume I play pretty solid values only and avoid close gambles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you right now, this strategy will not be very successful.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:45 AM

save your money and loan it to hoyt, I hear hes running bad lately.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:52 PM

Finishing ITM in a couple of small buy in MTT does not mean much not to mention your record in 5+1 SNG to be successful in the weekday super. My suggestion is to stick to the smaller buy ins to sharpen your skills and hopefully get into a few FTs and if you are really itching for the supers, play the SNG qualifiers for the supers. In this way, you may hit 2 birds with one stone. You can use your expertise in SNGs to get a free ride on the supers. Make sense?
Old 08-29-2005, 04:26 PM

Play the 10+1 SNG's instead. You're currently paying 20% rake.

Playing "solid values and avoiding close gambles" will not get you deep in a tournament without an extroardinary amount of luck.

If you mention a 75% ROI on SNG's, even following it up with the precautionary small sample size, you will be ridiculed.

While there are certainly much better players at the higher levels, there are still plenty of people who play horribly. People are stupid, have too much money and dream big.

My advice, if you want to take a shot make a deal with yourself. Something like, 50% of your SNG profits you'll use to buy into satellites for some of the bigger tournaments. Find a satellite on Friday night when everyone is drunk and give it a shot. If you win, you get your shot. If you lose, start grinding it out until you can take another shot.

Good luck.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. Lets assume I play pretty solid values only and avoid close gambles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you right now, this strategy will not be very successful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-29-2005, 05:24 PM

Party has plenty of supersatellites for these for $10. Play in those and win an entry. You will learn by playing at that level and I don't think the big Party tournaments are that hard. I think the weekend and Friday ones are somewhat easier than the superweekdays, despite the higher buyins. As everyone else implied, I don't recommend putting a lot of money into those big tournaments until you have good results at a lower level.