Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Play a Rebuy as a freezeout??

Is it a good idea to play a MTT where you can rebuy for the first hour and addon as if it is a freezeout? Is there a different strategy you use if you are trying not to go broke at all costs?
Old 08-26-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Play a Rebuy as a freezeout??

Rebuying allows you to take advantage of all the loose money flying around. It's easier to take someone's stack when they're blasting all in or when they know they can get more chips at the click of a button. Playing it as a freezeout can be done, but it's not advisable.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:41 PM

I have won way to many rebuys without ever rebuying for my opinion to ever change on this topic. I like a rebuy because it gives you the opportunity to get a bad beat and jump back into the action. I play the rebuy like i would a regular MTT and let the others do the rebuying for me [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] But one thing i will always do is addon.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:01 PM

Rebuy Analysis

rebuy immediately, and always add-on = most +EV.

Just think how quickly having that extra 1500 to start will take affect.. after 1 double up you're at either 3000 or 6000.. at two, 6k or 12k.. etc etc

it addsup quick.

- Ray
Old 08-27-2005, 03:27 AM

I disagree. Playing tightly throughout the first hour allows you to get a ton of action when you finally make a hand. Everyone plays so loosely that when you finally pick up the nuts you can push and get 1 or 2 callers, especially in the lower rebuys. I now play nearly all of my rebuy tournaments as freezeout and never get an addon unless I am severely shortstacked.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:36 AM

I wasn't suggesting to play any different than a freezeout after you rebuy/add-on.. just those things should be done. Otherwise play should be the same.

adding on is less immportant than rebeuying(unless you're short stacked) but rebuying immediately is crucial.. especially in the situation you described.. you play tight and get paid off.. but now you get paid of for 2x... it's like in any NL game you want to buy in for the max everytime to maximize your winnings..