Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Steelers vs Skins tonight

Anybody else betting on these preseason crapshoots? Ive got $50 on the Steelers @ -2.

Thoughts?

Indy
Old 08-26-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Steelers vs Skins tonight

It can be had at 1.5. That is my only thought. Well, that and I am on WAS +3. So, good job getting a semi decent number and waiting until the line dropped. I wouldn't be suprised if the line moves back up througout the day.

craig
Old 08-26-2005, 02:48 PM

I think this line opened at 3 and went down, at least in part, due to Fezzik being on Washington earlier this week.

It seems that, as expected, the public is leaning toward the Steelers. Yet the line continues to dip and is 1.5 in some places.

Psychological factors are on Washington's side as less than average teams typically want to win more than the best teams in preseason. They're also at home.

On the other hand, Pittsburgh's starting defense has looked excellent. I've also read that their offensive starters are going to play a little longer in this game, since they didn't get much time in prior matchups.

Washington seemed like a solid play at +3. I'm not sure that this is a play either way at 1.5 or 2.

Edit to add: I am on the Browns tonight at +5.5 at -104, bet through Mansion. I'm using this as my promotional wager at that site. Mansion will match, in cash, your first wager of up to $90. This means that if I lose, I get that $90 back. If I win, I win $86 and change, plus I get $90 in promotional money. So, I'm taking a relatively large home dog (by preseason standards), risking nothing to win $176 and change. Pretty solid if you ask me.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:13 PM

I like ur risk of nothing to win $176! Go browns!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this line opened at 3 and went down, at least in part, due to Fezzik being on Washington earlier this week.

It seems that, as expected, the public is leaning toward the Steelers. Yet the line continues to dip and is 1.5 in some places.

Psychological factors are on Washington's side as less than average teams typically want to win more than the best teams in preseason. They're also at home.

On the other hand, Pittsburgh's starting defense has looked excellent. I've also read that their offensive starters are going to play a little longer in this game, since they didn't get much time in prior matchups.

Washington seemed like a solid play at +3. I'm not sure that this is a play either way at 1.5 or 2.

Edit to add: I am on the Browns tonight at +5.5 at -104, bet through Mansion. I'm using this as my promotional wager at that site. Mansion will match, in cash, your first wager of up to $90. This means that if I lose, I get that $90 back. If I win, I win $86 and change, plus I get $90 in promotional money. So, I'm taking a relatively large home dog (by preseason standards), risking nothing to win $176 and change. Pretty solid if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you already know, I am on the Browns as well. But, I have it at +6. Of course, mine is not risk free. Or at -104.

craig
Old 08-26-2005, 03:44 PM

Canbet +6 at -112 or so?
Old 08-26-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Canbet +6 at -112 or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I got it at Bodog -110

craig
Old 08-26-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Steelers vs Skins tonight..

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] this is my bust-out; even the preseason bet of summer..

pitts -0.5 -111 ist h week 3 is the "honest week" of preseason; most coaches wanta see their first team play together at least half the game...pitts is much better than wash...bet it all

sleep in the streets

lol

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]