Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Play by play...KJo from the MP3

3-tabling for the first time in many, many moons, so my reads aren't exactly spot on.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero...?

UTG is a little loose &amp; very passive over ~30 hands. I've got a decent (not great) TAG behind me in the CO, Button is an any two will do type, SB is unknown &amp; BB has seemed normal. My table image is excellent. So what are we doing here?
Old 09-03-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Play by play...KJo from the MP3

Raise it up.

So far you have better reads than when I'm single tabling.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:12 AM

Gas it up!

KJo plays quite well against the type of hands 30%ers will limp with (K10, K9, Q10, QJ, and so forth are making up huge amounts of their range here). That they're passive pre-flop makes me tread a little lighter, but I still like the gas here (at $3.50/gallon).

Loosey behind you may well call two cold with dominated trash which would rule. Buying position is the alternative and that would be nice too.

I like play-by-plays and I think Harv is a great guy to conduct one. Good show, mate.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far you have better reads than when I'm single tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

GT+ is a goot thing. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 01:18 AM

Okay, raise it up I did...

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls. (I'm assuming we can all agree on calling the 3-bet)

Flop: (9.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls Hero...

As a refresher, UTG is the kinda loose passive and BB has looked like just another poker player.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:50 AM

raise
Old 09-03-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, raise it up I did...

UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls. (I'm assuming we can all agree on calling the 3-bet)

Flop: (9.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls Hero...

As a refresher, UTG is the kinda loose passive and BB has looked like just another poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know about you guys, but even with the pot size I'd fold here. Diamond drawsmay or may not be clean. Anyone want to flame this?
Old 09-03-2005, 02:01 AM

I will say I'm definitely not liking much of anything about my hand but pot size at this point.

I would probably fold this. If you are going to play I see very little reason to raise as any outs you might have are totally clear and I don't like the free card play since you're likely to get reraised by draws or by players afraid of being raised by draws.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise

[/ QUOTE ]

don't see much value in that here. If we had the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then its a different story, but we only have the third nut flush draw, and the BB bet into us on a monotoned board, and a passive player called, I don't like our hand here at all. Pot is big, but I really want some more bets in there for me to feel safe in calling. I lean towards folding here
Old 09-03-2005, 02:24 AM

D'oh! Okay....everyone seems to like folding the flop, and since I'm totally in tune with the prevailing wisdom of the many great poker minds here (as always), I did the precise opposite. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What my thinking was (and please tell me if you agree or not)...BB was pretty much unknown but had seemed normal, which I took to mean not aggressive enough to 3-bet from the big blind with a hand like KQs. UTG isn't insanely loose so I can pretty much rule out a hand like A2 here, but being a fairly loose passive his flop call would mean any ace or any diamond, or possibly a hand like T9. OTOH, BB could well be autobetting with KK-JJ, and a raise could fold him if he has no diamond. At the least it should buy me a free card.

I'm obviously worried about a hand like AxK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or some other higher flush draw, but I decided my J was good enough to stay in, and since I was staying in, might as well give it a shot at seeing the river cheaply.

UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero...?

Okay, that didn't work. I did at least get a pregnant pause out of BB before he 3-bet.