Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 01:42 PM

Default short hand play

I play mainly 1/2 and 2/4 6 max. Most of the tables I play at 4+ people are seeing the flop and I feel very comfortable with my play. But lately I have been starting up tables and waiting for them to fill up (I heard Grunch mention it a while back) any way, When it is 2 or 3 handed I feel that I am playing confused. I hate this feeling, as I normally play 6 max and should be used to it. But its not the same.

So, my question is, what is the best way to improve short hand play (ie. 2 or 3 handed). I think I should read HEFAP, I heard there is a good short handed section in there.

I read the mid/high stakes forum a lot and I hear every day how important and profitable it is to play good 2 or 3 handed. Maybe I just have a small sample size, but I feel when I get in this situation I just want to leave and find a table with 5 players.

thoughts?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: short hand play

Variance is huge 2-3 handed so do not get discouraged. I found this article from Neverwin enlightening on heads up play:

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/phpnuke...sc&start=0
Old 08-25-2005, 02:58 PM

thanks for the article. Your at 3/6 now? damn.
How many 2/4 hands did you play? How did it go?
I can't wait to get to 3/6 just to get back to 6 max. I still go play 1/2 just b/c I get bored playing full 2/4, but 1/2 is pretty crazy. I heard 3/6 is tight.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:08 PM

No prob... I just started 3/6 6-max this week, I spent about 15k hands at stars playing 2/4 6-max. Definitely well worth it, most players are very passive/weak-tight with the occasional lag and I was running at around 3.5BB/100. If things don't go well I'll be back there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Been a while since I've played full ring as well, 6-max is much more enjoyable [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]