Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 11:53 AM

Default FPS, Pointless or Standard?

Great live 4/8. I have the maniac on my right and everyone else in the game is a complete donk. Been practicing counting the pot since the game is moving slow and I am bored. Pot size has been averaging about $120 per hand and I bet we are lucky if we are getting twenty hands an hour in. Like I said great game! Maniac likes to raise or limp re-raise any two pre flop but is a little more calm post flop.

Pre flop: Three EP limpers, the maniac raises on the button, sean c makes it three with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from the small blind, BB folds everyone else calls.

Flop(16sb 5 players): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] sean c checks.

To fancy?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: FPS, Pointless or Standard?

I think you need to bet it based on your position to the maniac. You bet, you will likely get callers, the maniac will likely raise, then you get to raise again, and I'm sure at least some of these donks aren't going to fold b/c they already put chips in the pot. I think if you check, it's likely to be checked to the maniac, and then when you raise you are going to be facing everyone with 2 bets cold, with people less likely to call. You are basically screwed if somone has a 9 anyways, but I think checking loses you money when you are ahead (which you likely are).
Old 08-25-2005, 12:09 PM

Even if you c/r the button gutshots have almost breakeven odds to draw and flush draws aren't going anywhere.
I guess you could get rid of some Kx but i think betting out and hoping to 3-bet the button might be best in this spot. Seems very hard to protect your hand on this drawheavy board :/

Maybe bet out and if button raises just call and c/r him on a turn blank. That seems like a good idea if it works :P
I like this second idea better actually.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:12 PM

I like to bet/3-bet...
Old 08-25-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maniac likes to raise or limp re-raise any two pre flop but is a little more calm post flop.

Pre flop: Three EP limpers, the maniac raises on the button, sean c makes it three with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from the small blind, BB folds everyone else calls.

Flop(16sb 5 players): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] sean c checks.

To fancy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe so for two reasons. (1) You say maniac boy likes to simmer down post flop and (2) there are tow spades out there and you shoudln't allow it to get checked through.

Since you 3-bet preflop, he is expecting you to lead anyway. Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll raise you. In which case, I smooth call and check raise the turn on a non spade.

Sitting on the maniac's right is pretty tough ...
Old 08-25-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's on the maniac's left...right where he wants to be.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:15 PM

Like a moron, I hadn't really though about trying to protect your hand. I think it's tough to do. I kind of like your line. But I think probably I would just pump the pot, from the description of the game it does not sound like the draws are going anywhere.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's on the maniac's left...right where he wants to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct the maniac is on my right. I have the best seat in the house. It was unclear in the OP and has been edited.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you c/r the button gutshots have almost breakeven odds to draw and flush draws aren't going anywhere.
I guess you could get rid of some Kx but i think betting out and hoping to 3-bet the button might be best in this spot. Seems very hard to protect your hand on this drawheavy board :/

Maybe bet out and if button raises just call and c/r him on a turn blank. That seems like a good idea if it works :P
I like this second idea better actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to lead any turn card. Maniac liked to calm down on the expensive streets and I wasn't going to let the turn check through.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to bet it based on your position to the maniac. You bet, you will likely get callers, the maniac will likely raise, then you get to raise again, and I'm sure at least some of these donks aren't going to fold b/c they already put chips in the pot. I think if you check, it's likely to be checked to the maniac, and then when you raise you are going to be facing everyone with 2 bets cold, with people less likely to call. You are basically screwed if somone has a 9 anyways, but I think checking loses you money when you are ahead (which you likely are).

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt agree more. Even with the 3-bet some of the donks will come along for 2 more since they are invested.