Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 03:33 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Went To Showdown

how do you all judge it? I can gauge a person who's pretty tight preflop (30-33 pretty weak-tight, 34-37 normal, 38-42 pretty loose), but I lose any conception once I get to the guys with 45 or 55 or 70 VPIP's. this is a useful stat and I feel I'm not utilizing it.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Went To Showdown

You gotta scale it a bit when the VPIPs get up there cos you know that their hands are going to be weaker on average.

So an 80VPIP with WTSD 25 is probably not gonna spew much post flop. Similar to a 60VPIP WTSD 35 he isnt gonna be super loose postflop.

These guys will play J5s but when they miss they'll fold it unlike our VPIP 60 WTSD 50 friends.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:09 AM

VPIP-independent AF and CSD

CSD(WtSD*W$SD) is similar to AF in that as VPIP increases, those stats tend to decline.

Example:

Player 1 has VPIP 20 WtSD 35 W$SD 55

A player with VPIP 60 will not be able to maintain showdown stats of 35 and 55. If he goes to showdown 35%, his W$SD may drop to 40% because his average hand strength is going to be so much weaker.

A VPIP 20 player who goes to showdown 35% is average, whereas a VPIP 60 player with WtSD 35% is seeing way too many showdowns.

I hope this helps.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:09 AM

I have been messing around with different ways of quickly analyzing the WSD of players with wacky VPIP's. What I have done lately is make a ratio of vpip vs wsd for players with a vpip above 40. Then I just think of it in terms of "that player takes his top 25% of hands to showdown, or whatever. I haven't really done it enough to know if it is useful really. I generally just try to pay extra attention to see how crappy (and why crappy) each of those guys are.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:34 AM

Since we're on the topic, 2 questions:

1) Does W$SD provide anything useful? I have my PA set to only show WtSD.

2) About how many hands does it take for WtSD to become useful? How many for W$SD?