Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Yuck

Canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
CO here is a regualr who sucks. Plays any ace. CAlls 2 cold with QJo. Plays bad. Not aggressive, just bad. SB is also bad, but can get aggressive post.

2 limpers to me on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I call. Blinds come along.

Flop (5 handed) (5 SB): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checks to CO who bets, I call, SB calls, others fold.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, CO bets, I raise, SB calls, CO calls.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, CO calls, I say WHAT THE [censored] AND .........
Old 08-24-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Yuck

So CO has a king and SB may have a worse Ace or another king? Couldn't SB have alot of crappy Aces here, all of which will pay off your raise? It sounds like CO is a payoff man too? In a 12 BB pot, you'll get calls from bad players with lots of stuff you have beat will you not?

I raise, and I'm calling a 3-bet. But I don't think 4-betting a SB 3-bet is smart since i would put him on at least an ace at that point and your hand isn't good enough to 4-bet against that range even if CO is probably complete toast.

Is that game played with a $10 small blind? If it is, the really shitty aces become more likely [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Doesn't seem likely SB has A5 or AK, I would expect to have seen a move from those hands before the river.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:09 AM

I raise preflop. I also raise the river.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought crossed my mind, but for whatever reason, I limped.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:16 AM

not raising pf sucks. ev wise it is proly only kinda bad. but it makes the hand hard to play. also, as you played it just call the riv.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:18 AM

i've spent a good few minutes trying to put the sb on a hand, and i'm blanking pretty bad. maybe he's been slowplaying 55 and didn't want to fold you guys out with a turn 3bet. i'll call here.

i hate the preflop call btw, you should raise this. in your position i'm raising QJs and maybe QTs if these players are folding the flop unimproved.

stealthcow-
Old 08-24-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in your position i'm raising QJs and maybe QTs if these players are folding the flop unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

they're not,as they are severely retarded, but i agree raising pf is likely the better play.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on both counts.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd raise any street but the river. Bad and aggressive as the SB may be, I think him calling 2 cold on the turn and leading the river is enough to flat call. You're counting on him thinking A3-4, A6-8 is good.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:10 PM

Preflop: Whether you raise this type of hand or just call, your poker results will be about the same in the long run. On the river, this is a clear call. You raised the turn, and now the small blind is betting into you on the river. If the small blind is not crazy you will have the losing hand most of the time in this spot. To raise the river without the nuts you need to be atleast a 2-1 favorite to make up for all times you are 3bet when you have the losing hand. In this spot, not only are you not a 2-1 favorite, I dont believe you are a favorite at all, but you must call given the pot odds. Another sign that you will probably be on the losing end here is the fact that the small blind cold called your turn raise, which actually shows alot more strength than your raise itself. So raising the river in this spot versus logical opponents will cost you lots of money in the long run in my opinion.