Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 03:36 PM

Default AK hand

When should I slow down here, If at all. BB is LPP or in otherwords a fish. Looking at my PT stats I see AKo as my biggest loser, either I am playing it entirely wrong or I am seeing a bad run of cards with it. And I really don't overplay it when I miss. I have just been running into lots of sets, two pair, flushes lately. Anyway heres the hand, Is this considered overplaying on the turn after villian does a stop-n-go?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 08-21-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: AK hand

this is how i play it.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 PM

I would play it the same way also. No draws really formulated during the hand, so you had a good read.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:58 PM

SB's turn bet, after The raise on the flop is big red flag, especially from an LPP. At this point, I put him on a set or 2 pair. I definately don't raise here, but probably call down on the possibility that he has Ax or some PP that doesn't match the board.

On the river, you're turn raise bought you a free showdown and you gave it back. Just check.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB's turn bet, after The raise on the flop is big red flag, especially from an LPP. At this point, I put him on a set or 2 pair. I definately don't raise here, but probably call down on the possibility that he has Ax or some PP that doesn't match the board.

On the river, you're turn raise bought you a free showdown and you gave it back. Just check.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's much too weak for my blood. I've seen LPPs donk bet turns like this so often with crappy hands it's not even funny. It's usually TP/BK, or even sometimes middle or bottom pair.

When it's checked to you on the river this is a very easy value bet into a LPP with TP/TK.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:55 PM

If I raised the turn here I would check the river unimproved because too many times the Donk has 2 pair.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I raised the turn here I would check the river unimproved because too many times the Donk has 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the check on the river rules out the two pair. If anything, I would be putting him on Ace-x that he just wants to check-call.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:47 PM

if you lost this hand, yes it could be a bad run of cards if he sucked out on you with A7 or something.

my suggestion: work on your reads a bit more. i find a loose/passive that does this just sucked out on you, but unless you note "donkbets 2 pair" or "doesn't c/r" or something, you're either spewing or missing bets.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:49 PM

I call down at turn bet with no read.
I play the same if I think villain would play this way with a decent Ax.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:02 PM

Yes he had A7 in this hand and a very poorly played A7 at that. If I had cards I would have c/r the turn and led out on the river...correct?