Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Bite Me

Like most new people to this site, I will announce my presence, although I don't know why. I heard about this site from Sports Illustrated when it did the story on college poker (great story). Well, I, like many others, began playing after the ESPN coverage of the WSOP. I'm not gonna say I'm good because most replies start with "you are not as good as you think you are" or "you're probably a bad player." I also realize that you're such a tight-knit community that you are accustomed to most of the posters. Some of you can be assholes and some are very understanding. The point of this website is to improve everybody's game, not to patronize others and make rude comments that stray away from the topic of poker.
In either case I play only live games, because you can get a better feel for the way the opponents play, and the tells you can pick up on. Now, I'm no pro, but I am better than those I play with since I consistently win. The question is, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? And I'm pretty sure it's not three.