Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Default 5-10 Short Databases

So I've finally given up on using Poker Edge and will be switching to either PokerAce or PlayerView. Either way, I need some current databases, and I don't have any.

Is anybody willing to share or sell some good, current databases for the Party 5-10 6max?

x-post from HUSH
Old 08-21-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: 5-10 Short Databases

I would try and be just a bit more subtle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm kidding really but you know Party frowns on selling any data to players other than the person doing the dataminining. Stars also has some concerns read up on possible issues with StarSpy on the PokerTracker forum. Yea everybody is doing it now.

I have about 23 databases from $3-6 LHE and $1-2 NLHE and up from my own datamining and from phh.com.I have never sold any data myself but I have traded a couple times and I have bought data from people-so I guess I'm complicit. I just havent sold it myself for cash and I currently not interested in attaining any more..If I move up permantly from the levels I grind right now then I'll need more data..

One thing to remember is whatever databases you buy or trade for make sure they are fairly current ie within a few weeks-6 months at most since the player makeup is in such flux..ie players' busting,good players moving up and players changing their screen-names.

Also you should have the ability to use PSQL databases this will allow you say if you want to do your own datamining to create a 2Million hands databse vs. making 4-6 Access databases w/~400K hands each-much easier using one large datbase.

I've been dataming PokerStars pretty much all LHE from $3-6 up and I have 700K my goal is 2M for this database. This is all very easy to do if you have an extra pc or 2 around.

I'm sure you can contact buddies that play the same games. I dont need any more databases..I need to work on other issues like getting better and moving up faster..