Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 12:30 AM

Default A6s-FlushDraw-OOP

.10/.25 NL live,5 handed. Hero is medium-largish stack and covers both villans. Hero has been playing LAG, along with all others in the game. Villan 1 is more LAG, playing many flops, Villan 2 is more of a calling station/passive.

Villan 1 has $12ish
Villan 2 has $15ish, Hero covers both.

Hero is in the SB with A6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
All limp to Hero who completes, BB checks.

(~$1.25)Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks
Villan 1 checks
2 check
Villan 2 bets $1
Hero calls
Villan 1 raises to $4
2 folds
Villan 2 calls $3
Hero pushes
Old 08-19-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: A6s-FlushDraw-OOP

bump
Old 08-19-2005, 09:11 AM

I feel like this play is going to garner you exactly one caller, which is the worst number of callers you can get.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:15 AM

Would you just flat call the $4, then fold a non- [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]turn? I feel as if I need to see both cards- playing draws OOP is quite hard.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:46 AM

One question.. is Villain 1 in the BB and thus got the free flop? If so it looks like he is betting scared with two pair.

I'm calling the raise (cost of $3 into a pot of over $10), and checking the turn unimproved. If, on the turn, villain 1 bets less than half the pot, and villain 2 only calls, then you've got a marginal call to see if you can river a club (slightly better if you turn an ace). given the size of their stacks it looks like one of em will push the turn tho. I'm folding the turn if that happens, although i might be tempted to push if a scare card hits the turn (i.e. a straight card, or an Ace)

I dont think pushing the flop is a particularly bad move here, given your reads, but i think it limits the size of the pot you could win if you hit. I think pushing will likely see you HU as a 3/2 dog at best