Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 07:35 PM

Default $15/30 at the bellagio

UTG+1 is a 30/60 regular that dropped down because he's running bad. The other player is a loose preflop/tight postflop kind of guy. Im killing the game.

UTG+1 opens, MP1 cold calls, I call from the BB with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, I call.

Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

River a complete blank and I bet.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: $15/30 at the bellagio

Based on your player descriptions, I like the river bet. It will be hard for UTG to call with his A high and a player to act behind, and if MP is really a tight postflop player you can get him to fold a decent percent of time as well I would think. This assumes that by regular you mean decent player of course.

I think I go ahead and fold that preflop though (would call with one more player), but obviously it is close and not really relevant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 08:54 PM

I think that of the four options on the flop of betting, folding, c/r'ing and check-calling, you picked the worst. I would also have bet the turn. The river is a must bet the way you played it. I really do think that this hand was played pretty badly though.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:18 PM

Fold on the flop.

I guess you were going for a check raise on the turn. Ok.

A bet on the river will cause Ks and Qs to fold, but an A will probably call. Probably pretty neutral ev.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:51 PM

Good play, definitely +EV. But I too fold the flop unless I have a heck of a cool plan.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:18 PM

Folding on the flop isnt horrible. But I was getting a LOT of respect, so I figured I could see the river cheap and i was closing the action (btw, i think check/raising the turn sucks).

Anyway, UTG+1 folded and MP1 sweated me for a long time saying: "I know he has a jack" and folded an 8 face up! I tabled T9o and dragged the pot. I couldnt believe he played an 8 like that...
Old 08-20-2005, 10:22 PM

A ton of things are possible with a winning image.

Enn aitch. But don't show (though I'm not one to talk).

J
Old 08-20-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that of the four options on the flop of betting, folding, c/r'ing and check-calling, you picked the worst. I would also have bet the turn. The river is a must bet the way you played it. I really do think that this hand was played pretty badly though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which would you say is best? A bet never takes this pot down, ever. A c/r won't work unless you're also willing to bet the turn and quite possibily the river. Check/folding isn't horrible, but there is a decent chance hero has 6 outs.

I think the proper course of action really depends on hero's image, and the likelyhood that he can get A-big off their hand, assuming the turn doesn't help them. Only hero can know that.

lf
Old 08-21-2005, 12:39 AM

why are you defending your blinds with this cheese against a player who should know what proper raising standards are from UTG1? fold the flop. ugly.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you defending your blinds with this cheese against a player who should know what proper raising standards are from UTG1? fold the flop. ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop isnt as bad as you make it out. The flop is a lot closer, imo, and I dont think it's that aweful. I already said folding isnt horrible.