Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Paired Door Cards

Fourth should be a fold, I think, although it seems wrong to complete, improve and then fold. My cards are live as well, and I think he would reraise on 3rd with Aces.

Fifth, having caught, has to be a raise - even if he has trips, there's no reason to think he has a boat.

Sixth and seventh seem to be obvious calls.

Any other views?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (6.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___double bets
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.00 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (9.00 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (11.00 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (13.00 BB)
Old 08-19-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Paired Door Cards

4th is a fold...you are neglecting the times he has 22AA or some other two-pair. At best you have a small lead. Most likely, you are drawing to 4 outs (and you can get redrawn on).

5th...good catch..good street

6th :: you should raise here, just call a 3-bet...he could very easily have 5s full. But because he didn't 3-bet 5th I'm not ready to put your opponent on Aces full of 5s.

7th :: I would raise here because you didn't raise 6th. But had you raised 6th and he 3-bet you should just call here.

Mind if I ask what your screenname is?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:17 PM

Do you think that 6th is really a raise - if he is full, it seems more likely that its aces than fives. It seems to me that there are three possibilities - Aces up, which is quite unlikely, given the previous action, and the fact that he bet out on 6th - fives full, in which case he must have a five in the hole - unlikely, it seems to me, as the only sensible hand is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and another heart, or he chose not to reraise 3rd with split Aces, meaning that he now has aces full. I would guess that the chances of aces full must be at least 40-50% - meaning a reraise is not great.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the chances of aces full must be at least 40-50%

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say closer to 5-10%

Most people would raise 3rd with Aces....but some would just call your are right.

But almost everyone would 3-bet 5th with trip Aces. So when he fails to do this I am now pretty convinced he doesn't have an Ace in the hole.

If you were sitting on trips Aces on 5th and someone raised you wouldn't you reraise them. You'd be thrilled to be getting action...and at worst you have a decent draw to a higher fullhouse.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:19 PM

Fourth is indeed a fold. If he has trips, you're in deep doodoo. He shouldn't have them--you should raise most of the time with Aces on third, and most people do. Some people can't play, though. If he has two pair, you're an underdog, around 3:1 if his pocket pair is live (and if it wasn't, he probably shouldn't have called on third, but as noted above, people stink at this game). Even if he has something else, which is entirely possible, you might not be a favorite. For example, if the has 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the hole, he's a small favorite, because his cards for two pair are all live and he can make a flush. The only way you can call is if he's one of those monkeys who will call a full bet on third street with absolutely anything (or at least absolutely anything that includes an Ace in the door). Even there, it's going to be hard to play the rest of the hand profitably.

Unless you catch a King on fifth street. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would have raised either on sixth or seventh. It's pretty likely that he has only the two pair (or three pair), and even if he three-bets you, he may only have Fives full. I only raise the once, though.