Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 03:41 AM

Default open straight and flushdraw 10-20 shorthanded (6 players)

Everyone folds to me (2000$) who is in CO with 10h Jh. I call, button (1200$) calls, SB (2600$) raises to 60,
BB folds, i call, button calls
Button is unknown, SB is aggressive and a little loose
Pott is 200 to start

flop comes Qh 9h 2s giving me open straight-flushdraw

SB bets 200...
Whats my play and plan here? (Of course there are many ways to play this hand)

Thankful for responses
Old 08-17-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: open straight and flushdraw 10-20 shorthanded (6 players)

I think Stack sizes are awful for this hand, call, see what button does,hope he raises, then move in. i dont like a raise, because lets say u make it 500 or so, pot is not 900, and 500 is half of buttons stack, hes either gonna fold it or push in, if he folds and sb calls, and turn is a blank, pots huge..and he comes out firing, now what?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:50 AM

Default What happend

im not so worried about the button.. if i make it 500 and he pushes im gonna call or raise no matter what the SB does.
My worry is the SB as u said.. if button folds and SB calls.
Then the pot would be 1400 on the turn and i would have had about 1400 left.
SB would also have the position i think, since SB is first to act and thus can take the pot away from me by putting me all-in.
I mean if he calls the flop then there is a good chance that SB will make that play.

I decided that 400 in the pot was good enough for me and tried to take it down by putting in a big raise (i had made big raises before with two pair and tripps)

Heres what happend; I raised SB and made it 1080 total, he reraised allin, i called turn was 3c, river was 5h completing my flush.. SB turned over Ah-6h [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The stack-sizes was horrible as u pointed out and i canīt help but thinking there was a much better way of playing the hand on the flop. I didnīt want to go allin on the flop because i didnīt want to scream out that i was on a big draw. I had made such raises before with tripps and twopair and got called both times. therefore i thought that it was a good raise.

Was my play real donkelike or did SB make a mistake putting me allin? (obviously in hindsight he made the right play if my and his cards were known).
Old 08-17-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: What happend

If he 3 bets all in in that hand, its not hard to beat him.